Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimizing the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Contract Manager you will support (project) management in the process of systematically and efficiently managing contracts. You will deliver support during the proposal and contracting phase, handover to project team, execution of the contract, delivery of the vessel and the warranty period. As Contract Manager you will enable the project management team to maximize operational and financial performance of projects and minimizing risk throughout the contract cycle. You will, in addition, be accountable for the professionalizing of contract management through the contract life cycle.
As Contract Manager you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the legal counsel during negotiations with aligning or revision of appendixes of the main contract and ensures consistency with all terms and conditions.
- Reviewing contracts, appendixes, agreements and other documents, in close cooperation with the legal counsel to ensure consistency between all documents.
- Analyzing the contract terms & conditions and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses.
- Identifying possible contractual issues and propose for solutions in case of disputes and supports project management on legal and or contractual implications.
- Performing correct administration and documentation during the (pre)contract life cycle, implements changes in contracts and/or appendixes and handling claims when needed during execution of the contract including during warranty period, in close consultation with the legal counsels and (project) management.
- Preparing contract changes for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with the project specific contractual administration requirements.
- Professionalizing contract management through the contract life cycle, including risk management and document control.
- Ensuring subcontracts and other contractual documents are consistent with all terms and conditions in the main contract.
- Maintaining records of all contract correspondence, changes, status reports and other documents as supporting information for any claim or dispute arising during or after the project.
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing, etc.).
As Contract Manager you need to have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in law and or relevant technical study
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with contract management, preferable in de shipbuilding industry
- Multiyear experience in the international shipbuilding or maritime manufacturing sector and maritime management.
- Knowledge of and experience with (inter)national contract law and corporate law.
- Good command of the Dutch & English language (written & verbal) and good command of the German language is an asset or willingness to learn the German language.
- Ability to travel long distances and work abroad occasionally.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results and quality orientation, behavioral flexibility, planning and organizing problem analysis and independence.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the project).
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Contract Manager and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.