Cyber Security Engineer
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Cyber Security Engineer, you will work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of Networking and IT systems. You can be involved from the first (proposal) phase in the project to performing design proposals. During the execution of the project, you will work in a team of several engineers in order to ensure solid and secure Networking and IT Systems. As Cyber Security Engineer you have deep knowledge on cyber security in order to advice internal and external stakeholders on this topic.
As Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
- Participating in discussions of experts in IT security and radiation technology.
- Supervising changes in IT security regulations and, if necessary, advise involved internal/external stakeholders.
- Contributing to the analysis and verification plans for IT security measures.
- Participating in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required Cybersecurity standards.
- Verifying technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Performing technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
- Working with vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contributing to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
As Cyber Security Engineer, you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree Industrial Automation, IT Systems, Information Security Management or another relevant discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience in the design or maintenance of complex IT systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of networking and IT systems, including related hardware infrastructure and software (LAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN etc).
- Vast experience and broad knowledge about the different networking architectures, layers and protocols (TCP/IP, STP, ARP, FTP, UDP etc), cyber security concepts, data encryption and radiation safety.
- Knowledge about modern networking applications, services (DHCP/DNS) and relevant standards and regulations related to Cybersecurity, such as ISO 27001.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language and the German language or willing to learn (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Cyber Security Engineer and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.