Cyber Security Engineer F126
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands.
The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products.
The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants.
Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world.
Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimizing the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future.
Are you ready for duty?
For our German F126 frigate program, we are looking for Cyber Security Engineers, who will play an important role in this large project. As Cyber Security Engineer you will work during the execution of the project across the whole team to ensure a cybersecure design of the frigates. All activities and responsibilities are directly related to the four frigates and the related ship training centres that will be delivered to the German customer (BAAINBw).
As Cyber Security Engineer F126, you will:
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans.
- Participate in discussions of experts in IT security and radiation technology.
- Supervise changes in IT security regulations and, if necessary, advise involved internal/external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the analysis and verification plans for IT security measures.
- Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required Cybersecurity standards.
- Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors.
- Perform technical analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer.
- Work with vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Contribut to the further development of the E&A Engineering department.
As Cyber Security Engineer, you need to have:
- Professional education on Bachelor or Master level in Industrial Automation, IT Systems, Information Security Management or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of five (5) year experience in the design or maintenance of complex IT systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of modern networking and IT systems, including related hardware infrastructure and software (LAN, WLAN, VLAN, VPN etc).
- Vast experience and broad knowledge about the different networking architectures, layers and protocols (TCP/IP, STP, ARP, FTP, UDP etc).
- Vast experience and broad knowledge of Cybersecurity concepts, data encryption and radiation safety.
- Knowledge about modern networking applications and services (DHCP/DNS).
- Knowledge about the relevant standards and regulations related to Cybersecurity, such as ISO 27001.
- Experienced to work with third-party vendors and subcontractors, preferably also with the German Armed forces.
- Good command of the German and English language (written & verbal).
- Experience with the German IT Grundschutz, including A-960/1 and A-962/1 and experienced in using the SAVe tool from the company Infodas is an advantaged.
- Ability to travel and work abroad when needed.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Cyber Security Engineer F126 and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.