Engineer 3D Hull Modelling
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Engineer 3D Hull Modelling at Damen Naval you will make global and detailed 3D surface models of the ship hull and superstructure, including outside deck equipment. This includes designing 3D hull forms in cooperation with the hydrodynamic specialists. In a later phase of a project, you will be responsible for the production fairing of the hull, superstructure, and appendages. As Engineer 3D Hull Modelling, you also support in the shell expansion for Class, plate expansions and foundation drawings in a 3D environment.
As Engineer 3D Hull Modelling you will need to have:
- Bachelor degree preferably in Naval Architecture or another relevant degree and candidates with a relevant secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) degree combined with relevant experience are also invited to apply.
- Experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably 3DX and Rhino (Grasshopper)
- Experience with fairing of hull forms and appendages.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing.
- Competencies: critical, persuasive, creative, cost-conscious, team player, decisive and structured.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Engineer 3D Hull Modelling, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.