Engineer Plans and Arrangements
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Plans and Arrangements Engineer to join our team in Schiedam. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to (statutory) plans, arrangements & outfitting, including the design and arrangements of accommodation and technical spaces excluding engine rooms within our naval projects.
As Plans and Arrangements Engineer, you will become a valued member of the basic engineering team, collaborating with engineers of your own and other disciplines. Your focus will be on arranging and optimizing various aspects of the outfitting process. Leveraging your technical expertise and hands-on experience, you will contribute to areas such as maintainability, producibility, ergonomics, and more. This presents an excellent opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to shape the efficiency and functionality of our naval projects.
In the position of Plans and Arrangement Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Performing engineering tasks using 2D and 3D tooling, such as Microstation, Cadmatic and/or 3DX.
- Contributing to the engineering process by developing the necessary information, such as System and Space descriptions, (statutory) plans, arrangements, lists, and fabrication/mounting drawings within agreed schedules, required quality and budget.
- Participate in and control of the detail engineering.
- Support the production phase and guarantee phase upon request.
- Ensuring satisfactory compliance with all applicable requirements including (statutory) rules, regulations and commercial and/or naval norms, as well as specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Developing and documenting yard standards to support the outfitting engineering processes.
- Contribution to continuous evaluation and/or improvement of the subdepartment’s processes
As Plans and Arrangement Engineer you need to have:
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) related to the outfitting discipline.
- At least two years of experience with the engineering of (statutory) plans & arrangements and/or arrangement of spaces.
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Microstation, Autocad, Cadmatic and/or Catia.
- Experience with and knowledge of Class- and Statutory regulations and related plans and arrangements, preferably gained with ships or offshore installations.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening are standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
If you are a skilled Plans and Arrangement Engineer with a passion for naval projects and meet the above requirements, we invite you to apply for this opportunity at Damen Naval. Join our team and contribute to the successful basic and detailed engineering in our naval projects. Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.