Operational Analyst (Project-based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
The vacancy of Operational Analyst (project-based) is situated within the Engineering department of Damen Naval from where employees are allocated to respective projects. In these projects they contribute to both the product definition and the engineering of production information, within their field of expertise. As Navies, our clients, more and more tend to specify operational and functional requirements for the new ships, these requirements need to be analysed and monitored during the design and engineering phases. With the quest for deeper knowledge and understanding of the naval ship operations also comes the need to perform operational analysis and guarantee operational safety onboard. The operational analysis is an important and logical step in the development process, from a Systems Engineering perspective.
As Operational Analyst (project-based) you will be responsible for the execution of the operational analysis for a new naval vessel, considering both peacetime and wartime operations during the development phases. Your primary output will be Operational Concept Analysis documents, in which you identify the operational activities associated with a specific ship operation and assess the fitness of the design regarding the identified operational activities. To that end, you will work closely with ship operators (Navies), ship system designers, suppliers, knowledge institutes and especially with functional designers, system architects, system engineers and safety engineers, within the extended project organisation.
As Operational Analyst (project-based) you will you need to have:
- Relevant technical bachelor or master’s degree and experience with and knowledge of (naval) ship operations, ability to analyse them and ask corresponding questions to technical system experts.
- Experience with and knowledge of Systems Engineering principles and requirements identification.
- Ability to analyse and describe ship operations to identify requirements and give in-put to operational and functional models.
- Accuracy and efficiency and able to clearly document your work (analyses).
- Competences: helicopter view but are aware of key details, creative within your field, able to work autonomously within a multi-disciplinary team setting.
- Excellent mastery of the English language, both written and verbal and the ability to at least read and understand German text.
- Able to work daily from the Vlissingen office and prepared to occasionally travel within the Netherlands and/or abroad, when so required.
- Competences: customer orientation, teamwork, results orientation, behavioural flexibility, quality orientation, planning and organising, decisiveness, problem analysis, initiative, and creativity.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship and successful security clearance are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of (Senior) Requirements Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.