Project Assistant (Project Based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Join us as an interim Project Assistant for a one-year assignment, where your keen attention to detail and passion for efficient processes will shine. Contribute to the success of our F126 project by centralizing processes, delivering training, and enabling functionalities in the Project Information Management (PiM) system. Be the go-to resource for PiM system support and project inquiries, ensuring seamless communication and document review. Join our team, embrace innovation, and make a tangible impact on maritime project management.
As Project Assistant (Project Based) you will:
- Centralize and standardize processes for the F126 project using PiM.
- Provide PiM - Relatics support and conduct project-specific training.
- Address and resolve project inquiries related to PiM usage.
- Enable PiM functionalities, streamline document review, and create monthly KPI reports.
- Offer comprehensive process support for effective project management.
As Project Assistant (Project Based) you will need to have:
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4)degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong understanding of project management and information management principles.
- Proficiency in utilizing PiM systems, particularly Relatics.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks concurrently.
- Problem-solving mindset with the ability to address challenges creatively.
- Prior experience in a similar administrative or support role is a plus.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Project Assistant (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered