Senior Structural Analyst
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our locations in Schiedam and Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
The Naval & Structural group is part of the department Engineering. The employees work on project base divided over the various projects, in which they contribute to both basic engineering and detailed engineering within their field of expertise.
As Senior Structural Analyst you will make a structural design completed with relevant structural calculations starting from proposal phase up to yard support and delivery of the vessel. From general construction plans up to detailed calculations and integrated foundations will be part of the job. Calculations aspects are strength, stiffness, vibrations, buckling, fatigue, military loads such as blast and signatures aspects (for example inboard- and underwater sound), producebility, maintainability, etc. If necessary, FEM calculations have to be applied.
As Senior Structural Analyst you will be responsible for the relevant project deliverables from class approval of the structure up to technical meetings with your colleagues and suppliers, class or client representatives. You will direct the structural engineers in modelling the structure in 3D-CAD ending up with checking drawings and production packages You can be asked to contribute in R&D initiatives on behalf of the Damen Naval structural analysis discipline if needed. Also contributions to the department to secure knowledge and improve (internal-) processes is highly appreciated.
- Delivers quality engineering work within time, budget and according to the relevant quality standards.
- Executes his task/role according to the relevant contractual documents and specifications while constantly remaining critical on the content.
- Assists in the further improvement and development of processes and methodologies.
- Supports and pro-actively coaches the junior Engineers.
- Performs technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers and subcontractors in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and regulatory bodies.
- Can defend technical solutions and communicates these clearly with stakeholders.
- Responsible for integration of delivered components/systems into ship design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, regulatory bodies and owner.
- Performs required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Support the (detailed) engineering of an outsourced engineering package.
- Integrates vendors and subcontractors info.
- Supports design checks and design reviews.
- Ensures full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods.
- Ensure all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Technical degree at Bachelor or Master of Science level, preferably in Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering.
- Also an intermediate/secondary vocational education (mbo) with relevant (practical-) experience in the field of ship structures will be invited to apply.
- A minimum of three (3) years of working experience as a Structural Analyst in the shipbuilding/offshore industry
- Familiar with ship class calculations and class tools, such as DNV-GL Nauticus Hull, LR-SSC and/or BV MARS2000.
- Familiar with FEM modelling and analysis software, such as ANSYS, NX or FEMAP.
- Preferably familiar with CAD systems, such as NUPAS (3D) or Catia.
- Creative within your field.
- Accurate, decisive and efficient.
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch, both verbally and in writing.
- Prepared to travel within the Netherlands and abroad.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefits.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Structural Analyst and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via career.damen.com through the apply button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit www.career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.