Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500 professionals in our locations In Schiedam and Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Structures Engineer you work on a broad variety of tasks in the field of ship structures. You will work in a basic engineering team of several structural engineers on plans and outer deck arrangements, or during the detailed engineering in a multi-disciplinary team on block fabrication and foundation fabrication models/drawings. As Structures Engineer you implement technical knowledge and practical experience, such as accessibility, producibility, maintainability.
As Structures Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the engineering process by developing the required information, block and foundation drawings incl. production information, as well as outer deck arrangements.
- Executing engineering structure activities with the 2D and 3D CAD tools.
- Assisting in technical analysis on received offers under supervision of the team leader.
- Ensuring full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Contributing to further development of the engineering department and development of yard- or project standards.
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4) related to the structures discipline.
- Minimum of two years experience in engineering of ship structures and broad knowledge of structures, preferably in ships or offshore installations.
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Cadmatic, Hull or Catia.
- Experience and knowledge of with Class- and Statutory regulations.
- Ability to travel long distances and work abroad occasionally.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of the projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package & other benefit.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Structures Engineer, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.
Please note that Damen Naval is closed from August 1 to 15 and the recruitment department will enjoy their vacation in August. After this period, they will respond to your application as soon as possible.