Supervisor Production Shipbuilding
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our Vlissingen location. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Supervisor Production Shipbuilding you will be responsible for the construction process of building a ship or a part of the ship (module). You will also lead a team of employees within their own discipline (hull, piping, mechanical, outfitting etc.)
As Supervisor Production Shipbuilding you will be responsible for:
- Managing a group of employees and devide the work to the employees assigned to the supervisor.
- Controls progress, proper execution, quality, planning and efficient use of materials and tools.
- Controls subcontractors within their field of expertise and evaluates their planning and quality.
- Works closely with foremen from other disciplines and subcontractors.
- Responsible for daily administration, hours registration, presence of employees, reporting progress.
- Advise on improvements on working methods, materials and tools.
- Advise the Production Coordinator on preferred investments, purchase of tools and working methods, etc.
- Evaluates employees with regard to performance and advises the Manager Production on personnel matters.
- Ensures all HSEQ policies and procedures are in place, understood, owned, maintained and followed to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
As Supervisor Production Shipbuilding you need to have the following profile:
- Intermediate vocational education (MBO) in Mechanical Engineering or Shipbuilding (level 4).
- Minimum of ten years experience in shipbuilding and/or steel construction works, performance management and appraisals.
- Experience in supervising production activities and with different lifting techniques.
- VCA-VOL certificate and hydraulics, pneumatics, and / or other specialized courses.
- Knowledge of and experience with HSEQ procedures, protocols.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Supervisor Production and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via the Damen career portal or through the apply now button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the working at Damen Naval webpage or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.