Team Lead Manufacturing Engineering and Production
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval, a prominent marine shipbuilding company with operations in The Netherlands and Germany, is currently seeking an experienced and skilled professional for the role of Team Lead Manufacturing Engineering and Production. This challenging opportunity is based in Vlissingen, and it requires a proven track record of seven years of relevant experience in Production processes within the naval vessel industry. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience, preferably in the (naval) shipbuilding industry, along with knowledge of PDM software and computer-aided design tools such as Cadmatic and Inventor.
As Team Lead Manufacturing Engineering and Production at Damen Naval, you will be responsible for providing functional leadership to a group of Manufacturing Engineering (ME) professionals in the Project Department, or a team of (senior) supervisors in the Production Department. Your primary objective will be to lead and ensure that the team have the necessary resources and knowledge to effectively carry out Manufacturing Engineering and Production activities. The Manufacturing Engineering discipline focuses on maximizing efficiency and effectiveness by analysing equipment layout, workflow, and assembly methods for one of the four-yard manufacturing disciplines: Hull, Piping, Outfitting, and Mechanical. Additionally, you will serve as the go-to person for all production-related disciplines and play a pivotal role in advising other departments, including Engineering and Purchasing.
As Team Lead Manufacturing Engineering and Production, your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coaching a medium to large-sized manufacturing engineering team in naval vessel manufacturing projects and conducting appraisals or providing input to appraisals.
- Participating in and supervising a manufacturing engineering team to optimize the vessel manufacturing process.
- Leading and coaching a production team in production activities.
- Managing team resource planning, ensuring that all members possess the required capabilities, and measuring/driving internal performance across all aspects of the team.
- Managing multiple internal stakeholders, such as other teams and departments, to ensure the execution and quality of assigned projects within agreed schedules, required quality standards, and budgetary constraints.
- Developing and implementing necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the team achieve its business objectives.
To excel as Team Lead Manufacturing Engineering and Production, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Bachelor degree in a technical field, combined with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience in Production processes within the naval vessel industry.
- Experience in leading a team of specialists, preferably in the (naval) shipbuilding industry.
- Proficiency in PDM software and computer-aided design tools, such as Cadmatic and Inventor.
- Good command of the English, and preferably also Dutch language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Project planning Coordinator (Production) (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1