Are you a (Lead) Mechanical Engineer specialized in structural or outfitting design? Do you have at least 5 years of experience gained in luxury yacht or cruise vessel sectors? We are looking for experienced Structural or Outfitting Engineers, who are specialists in basic or detail engineering of complex ship structures, foundations or equipment (deck, railings, doors etc.). You need to bring expert knowledge, experience with Nupas Cadmatic and great problem-solving skills.
Do you match the criteria and are you ready for your next professional challenge? Apply now to the vacancy and let us discuss future opportunities!
As an Outfitting / Structural Engineer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Generating concept, basic and detail design including complex structural layouts, plans and construction drawings;
- Design engineering of complex shipbuilding structures and outfitting elements like railings, stairs, hatches, doors, windows, deck equipment, pools and foundations;
- Independently carry out modelling, calculations, create sketches and draw up technical specifications;
- Resolution of complex technical issues withing design team and / or between design and production;
- Prepare specifications for required materials and equipment;
- Coordination with Lead Engineer and Team Lead on the completion of project assignments;
- Ensure alignment with applicable classification rules and regulations;
- Follow up and assistance during production activities.
As an Outfitting / Structural Engineer, you meet the following requirements:
- Master´s or Bachelor´s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent;
- 5+ years of experience as a Mechanical, Structural or Outfitting Engineer gained in the maritime industry (preferably yacht or luxury cruise projects);
- Excellent proficiency with Nupas Cadmatic and AutoCAD;
- In-depth knowledge of basic or detail engineering of ship structures or outfit elements;
- Team-player, flexible and resilient attitude;
- Good communication skills in English both in writing and speaking.
Depending on the professional and personal situation, the position of Outfitting / Structural Engineer comes with an attractive benefits package. We like to explain the offer in a personal conversation.
Since 2007 in the Netherlands and since 2015 in Germany, Middle Point has been the leading recruitment agency for maritime engineers, project managers and managers within the maritime industry.
More than 1100 engineers have been recruited by Middle Point to start or continue their successful career in luxury yacht building, shipbuilding, offshore companies and maritime service providers. Due to the high demand for engineers and technical professionals, Middle Point operates far across its national borders. Over the years we have collaborated with more than 50 different nationalities. Middle Point is deservingly named the international recruitment agency of the maritime world!
+31 6 1820 8756