Team Lead Project Purchasing
Are you a project purchaser with experience within a technical environment? And are you looking for the next challenging step in your career? We would like to get to know you.
As the Team Lead Project Purchasing, you will lead projects for Supply Chain Management and will be the link between the suppliers and internal stakeholders (engineering, assembly, planning and project management). You will be responsible for outsourcing and procurement of constructions and assemblies for Dredge Pumps, Hopper Equipment, Excavation Equipment and Dredge Line Components for assigned projects. This means you are responsible for the results of the supply chain work packages in daily projects as well as for Supply Chain Management related improvements in cost, quality and reliability in the longer term. At all times, you will act in the best interests of the company. As such, you will negotiate adequate and appropriate conditions with suppliers together with a small team of operational purchasers and where necessary, initiating improvement suggestions within supply chain management processes. You will also be involved in defining the purchasing requirements and selecting the best suppliers in close cooperation with category management. For this role it's important to have a solid technical background and understanding of our products and equipment.
To be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a bachelor's degree in the technical/commercial field, such as Mechanical Engineering, Technical Management preferably supplemented with NEVI 1 and 2
- at least five years of relevant experience in outsourcing of constructions
- relevant project procurement experience in the manufacturing and/or maritime industry
- knowledge about steel constructions, machining and assemblies
- commercial awareness and be used to working in an engineering driven, project- and product based organization
- an excellent command of Dutch and English, both written and verbal
- be a team player, stress resistant and proactive
- be willing to travel abroad occasionally
- the ability to deliver projects OSBIT (On Specification Budget and In Time) experience with dredging and/or offshore equipment (advantageous)