Sara Maatje X is an Offshore Supply & Multipurpose vessel that is currently deployed as Safety Standby vessel at the drilling and production platform Mittelplate (Germany). The vessel is equipped with two containers which contains oil spill equipment, there are with regular intervals exercises. The vessel is further equipped with a RIB, which can also drive. This RIB is deployed to assist with the oil spill equipment and with calamities. The RIB can also be deployed to drop off surveyors on the surrounding sand banks for measurements.
The crew consists of a captain, an officer of engineering watch who also assists on deck and an able bodied seaman who will also be the cook.
The sailing schedule is 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. Basic knowledge of the German language is mandatory for the captain, for the other ranks preferred.
As a Captain you are responsible for the successful management of the ship, the supervision of crew in order to ensure that assigned equipment is used in such a manner that optimal production is achieved in compliance with safety, maritime and environmental regulations at all times.
- Supervision of all ship activities. Ultimate responsibility onboard.
- Represents Acta Marine and the vessel during client meetings and act proactive towards clients and other stakeholders on board the vessel.
- Implementation and execution of the Acta Marine Integrated Management System.
- Representation of the Dutch Government abroad and comply with the national and international maritime law and regulations.
- Consultation with Vessel Superintendent regarding the vessel’s productivity and preventive maintenance.
- Optimizing of the production and the continuity of the vessel.
Who are we looking for?
- Holder of a Master Dutch (recognition) certificate of competence.
- Valid STCW certificates.
- Knowledge of codes and marine standards (e.g. ISM/ISPS/MLC).
- Strong interpersonal skills / Experience with client personnel on board the vessel is a pro.
- Experience with Planned Maintenance System Marad is a pro.
- Strong leadership / management skills.
- QHSSE ambassador.
- Team player, striving towards the common goal.
- Quality focus & continuous improvement.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Dutch, German and English.
- A challenging and dynamic position.
- A stable position at a financially sound family owned business with a long-term outlook.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The opportunity to be an essential part of the success of our company and get a high degree of personal responsibility.
- Competitive compensation package.
Are you excited to join our company for a long-term commitment, a clear rotation schedule and do you have what it takes to be our new Master? Please apply through our website at the bottom of this page.
Acta Marine is currently only hiring crew with Dutch (recognition) certificate of competence.
Should you wish to know more about this position you can contact Cor Visser, at: [email protected] or T: +31 880320952.