Are you the technical specialist that likes to help customers remotely with technical operational issues?
Then the following position might be interesting for you!
Who are we?
Alfa Laval is active in the areas of Energy, Marine, and Food & Water, offering its expertise, products, and service to a wide range of industries in some 100 countries. The company is committed to optimizing processes, creating responsible growth, and driving progress – always going the extra mile to support customers in achieving their business goals and sustainability targets.
Alfa Laval’s innovative technologies are dedicated to purifying, refining, and reusing materials, promoting more responsible use of natural resources. They contribute to improved energy efficiency and heat recovery, better water treatment, and reduced emissions. Thereby, Alfa Laval is not only accelerating success for its customers, but also for people and the planet. Making the world better, every day. It’s all about Advancing better™.
To strengthen our International Service team based in Breda, we are currently looking for a
Global Technical Specialist PureBallast
About the position
In this position you help customers with technical operational issues by operating an International Marine Service Desk (together with Global Coordinators), providing customers with remote service over phone and email, and supporting field service with technical expertise.
Your key responsibilities consist of:
- Provide marine customers with remote service over phone and email of Pure Ballast questions,
and provide backup service for other selected product groups.
- Open and handle customer cases in MS CRM.
- Document remote service given to the customer in the case.
- Help the customer identify its needs, and perform remote troubleshooting, identification, and analysis of the customer’s problem.
- Identify service engineer skills, tools, spare parts, equipment, time, and urgency needed to perform requested field service, and take action based on these needs.
- Support International Service Engineers before, during and after performing field service.
- Support Global Coordinators with technical expertise in order for them to plan and prepare the field service.
- Assist Global Coordinators in prioritising between field service based on the technical and business importance of the jobs in accordance with the global directions for the international marine service team and escalate if needed according to the decided escalating process.
- Perform quality checks of reports and documentation of field service executed by International Service Engineers and local Field Service Engineers and assess if there is need for additional actions in order to meet the customers’ needs.
- Train international service engineers and act as a regional knowledge and skill transfer from Central BU technical specialists and cascade this out to the local sales companies upon need.
Who are you?
You have a deep understanding of the marine and service business and its environment and customers and use this insight in a clear and rapid way when making business decisions. You are able to help customers identify their needs and explain technically complex topics, so it is easy for customers to understand and go out of the way to ensure that individual customer needs are met.
You can adapt your communication to customers’ and colleagues’ technical proficiency.
What do you know?
Your knowledge is at bachelor level (diploma not necessary), and you have a minimum of 10 years field service experience (should be aligned to the products that are relevant for the position). Experience with customer service is a must and experience with working in case management and with planning tools is a plus. You are fluent in both Dutch as English (verbally and in writing) and are open in your communication. You have experience in working with different international stakeholders within one position and are accurate and flexible.
What’s in it for you?
You will be working in an international B2B environment, and we offer a challenging position in an open and friendly atmosphere where we help each other to develop and create value. Your work will have a true impact on Alfa Laval’s future success.
For more information, please contact
Regional Service Desk Manager, Kristel in 't Groen at +31765791233 and send your application to [email protected]