Insurance & Claims Manager
Are you looking for a challenging role as a claims and insurance manager in the maritime industry? Then read on!
Navigating the Future
Working at Anthony Veder means operating at the heart of the transition to a more sustainable world.
We are always looking for new ways to challenge the status quo, developing new technological and
logistical solutions to help our clients reach their goals. We work in a culture of trust, openness, and creativity. Always keeping an eye on the long term. This is how we became pioneers in the maritime industry. We invite you to join us.
The I&C Manager reports to the CFO and works closely with Technical Operations, this department’s expertise is crucial to ensure the high reliability of our fleet and has therefore a lot of contracts and insurances. Within Technical Operations, the Claims and Insurance Manager is the safeguard of our business regarding contracts and insurances. Next to the Technical Operations department you predominantly work with the Commercial Department. You help us maintain a qualitatively level of safety and insight in risks regarding our business. Not just for the department, but companywide.
The objective of the position of the I&C Manager is to ensure that all insurances are in place in line with the applicable industry requirements and the company risk profile. The I&C manager manages the claim files for the AV companies and brings legal knowledge into the company. Furthermore the I&C Manager acts in accordance with and promotes the AV company values. The I&C Manager acts in accordance with the applicable law and legislations.
• You will work with the commercial department, either on claims coming from our commercial and operational activities or support with your expertise on risks for new contracts under negotiation
• Actively manage contacts with P&I (Protection & Indemnity) club, H&M (Hull & Machinery)
underwriters, agents, insurance brokers, lawyers and surveyors
• Manage insurance policies for our fleet and for the office
• Manage, review and keep overview of loss record, claims and outstanding actions on claims
• Provide legal advise to various departments such as Technical Operations and the Commercial department
• Advise management team on risk and insurances and give general legal advise
• Claims handling, follow-up on file build up with the operational responsible
• Assist with negotiations as to the correctness of demurrage claims
• Produce reports and maintain those reports
• Seeking legal advise
• Protect the interest of the company of incoming and outgoing claims
• Review and advise on insurance policies of our business partners
• Review, advise, and keep overview of loss record, claims and outstanding actions on claims
• Uphold knowledge and developments on marine insurance and insurance market which you
make sure the designated stakeholders are up to date about.
What we offer
• A challenging role in a growing organization with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
• Autonomy, responsibility, and room to grow.
• An informal and open culture where we encourage each other to think differently.
• All the necessary facilities for your personal and professional development.
• A good competitive salary.
• 28 vacation days.
• A premium-free pension plan.
What we ask
• You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in law or maritime.
• You have at least 5 years of experience and know all about claims handling and insurances in the marine
• You have excellent writing and speaking skills in English and Dutch
• You have good understanding of marine and terminal operations
• You have good understanding of contracts, charter parties and laytime or demurrage conditions
• You have the ability to effectively influence and negotiate settlements