Do you have affinity with commercial subjects, maritime transport and/or logistics? And are you looking for an exciting position within the maritime industry?
If so, come and strengthen our Chartering team!
As a Broker you will be a part of the chartering department based in Rotterdam. The chartering department is responsible for the contracts of affreightment as well as time- and spot charters of our gas tankers, making this department responsible for the largest part of our turnover and profit.
As a Broker your daily work will consist of negotiations and concluding various types of contracts with customers, scheduling of the fleet, contract management, cooperating closely with other departments in the office to realize maximum utilization of the fleet and keeping a clear overview of the market and developments.
In addition you will be responsible for
- Communicating and coordinating with various internal and external parties, always focusing on quality, service and reliability for our customers;
- Arranging/attending meetings and conferences to stay in touch with customers worldwide;
- Monitoring the progress and financial results of the various contracts and voyages.
We are looking for a candidate with the following
- Bachelor degree/level and affinity with commercial issues and maritime transport and/or logistics;
- Fluent in English (written and verbal);
- Quality driven, excellent communication skills and able to work in a team;
- Strong negotiating skills with a focus on customer satisfaction;
- Able to work under pressure and cope with deadlines;
- A flexible approach to working hours when required;
- Experience in tanker shipping is preferred.
What we offer
- A challenging job with a great deal of responsibility and room for personal ideas;
- A market conform salary;
- A fixed year-end bonus of one month's salary;
- A premium-free pension;
- 28 days' holiday;
- Marvelous, readily accessible offices in Rotterdam's shipping district;
- An agreeable, open and informal culture.
Anthony Veder is an innovative company! In recent years our fleet has almost doubled from 15 to 31 gas carriers. Dynamic and innovative projects make us frontrunners in our market. This is most visible in the Small-Scale LNG carriers and LNG-fueled Ethylene carriers we operate. We are expanding our fleet in Europe besides pursuing opportunities in Asia, the Pacific and the Caribbean.
Check for more information www.anthonyveder.com or contact Marit Brunklaus, HR Business Partner:
+31 (0)10 - 400 48 00. We invite you to send your application and CV to [email protected]