Manager Commercial Operations
Do you feel confident leading a strong team, realizing commercial and sustainable win-win situations, and initiating optimizations? Then read on!
Navigating the Future
Working at Anthony Veder means operating at the heart of the transition to a more sustainable world. We are always looking for new ways to challenge the status quo, developing new technological and logistical solutions to help our clients reach their goals.
We work in a culture of trust, openness, and creativity. Always keeping an eye on the long term. This is how we became pioneers in the maritime industry. We invite you to join us!
What your job is about
The objective of the Commercial Operations Team is the highest customer satisfaction in combination with maximizing the value of a contract. As Manager, you contribute by leading, serving, and developing your team members to the best of their abilities and likewise serve our fleet and our customers. You stimulate market-, customer-oriented and commercial thinking. With your operational experience, your involvement in the day-to-day operations ensures a safe, sustainable, and reliable performance.
On a strategic level, you make a significant contribution by formulating and executing the objectives of the Commercial Operations Team. You love to continuously improve and optimize the results together with your colleagues. This can be within the commercial department, but also company-wide and multidisciplinary.
The Commercial and Sustainability Director will support you to maximize your, and your team’s, success.
What you will be doing
- Working with and steering the development of a team of 7 Vessel Operators
- Drive customer satisfaction and operational excellence by dealing with new technical, economical, and digital concepts
- Identify and create business opportunities for value-added services that we can offer our customers by analyzing our customer logistical supply chain
- Keep a real-time overview of the entire fleet to signal anomalies and act accordingly
- Keep up to date about laws, legislations, and regulations regarding operations
- Involved with agents and purchasing of bunkers
- Member of the Commercial Department Team
- Other activities that may reasonably be expected in this position
What we offer you
- A challenging role in a growing organization with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Autonomy, responsibility, and room to grow
- Innovative and sustainable projects with major clients around the world
- An informal and open culture
- A good competitive salary
- 28 vacation days
- A premium-free pension plan
- Combining working from home and at our beautiful office in Rotterdam’s Shipping district
What we ask of you
- Hold a bachelor’s or Masters’ degree in Supply Chain, Technical, Engineering or Business Administration
- Have elaborate experience with leading teams and operations
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills as you will be required to analyze operational data to help improve efficiencies and to predict operational problems/opportunities
- Advanced communication skills in Dutch and English
- Demonstrable relationship builder/maintainer in a commercial environment.
Anthony Veder is an innovative company! In recent years our fleet has almost doubled from 15 to 32 gas carriers. Dynamic and innovative projects make us frontrunners in our market. This is most visible in the Small-Scale LNG carriers and LNG-fueled Ethylene carriers we operate. We are expanding our fleet in Europe besides pursuing opportunities in Asia, the Pacific, and the Caribbean.
Might you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marit Brunklaus, HR Business Partner : +31 (0)10 - 400 48 00.