Are you experienced in relationship management and in coordinating procedures smoothly? And are you skillful in upholding and improving the industrial standards on board of tanker vessels?
If so, read on!
What you can expect
As a Vetting Officer you assure that our vessels are performing according the expectations in this industry. How do you do that?
Your core assignment is to assure vetting compliance and maintain the vetting approvals with our clients. You mitigate risks by anticipating and coordinating all steps of the vetting process. Because of your influencing style you feel comfortable to address the different perspectives of both internal and external stakeholders to get on the same page. And by being on top of the procedures you flawlessly see where improvements are necessary and possible. It is your second nature to connect with people who are important for this process. This helps you to lay the grounds for the improvements or necessary changes which you propose (and then implement). Through coordination you give guidance to the vessel’s and technical department. Lastly, you contribute to our fleet performance by conducting audits, sharing knowledge, investigating incidents and advising the crew. You report to the Vetting Team Leader.
In addition, you:
- Are customer focused and the first point of contact for vessels, customers and office staff on vetting related questions incident reporting and vessel approvals;
- Visit and sail on the vessels to conduct audits and assist the crew during inspections;
- Guide and advise from planning until completion on inspections and audits on board our vessels and in the office;
- Keep up with regulations and implement new and future regulations on board our vessels and in the office;
- You advise, activate and follow-up with Vessel Managers and Crewing Managers on corrective and preventive actions as a result of vetting inspections;
- Assist with the implementation of customer requirements and industry best practices.
- A completed Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated analytical level;
- Skilled in reasoning with a variety of people;
- know when the devil is in the detail and you need to be accurate;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- Prepared to travel and to sail on our vessels (on average between the 30 and 40 days per year);
- A nautical background will be an advantage.
- A dynamic organization with an entrepreneurial character in an international team;
- A competitive salary;
- An employer financed pension scheme;
- 28 vacation days;
- An informal and open culture.
Are you interested in the position? Then we would like to meet you! Please apply on our website. Might you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Marit Brunklaus: +31 (0)10 - 400 48 00.