Barge Master is a dynamic and growing company operating in the offshore wind industry. We specialize in the development of motion compensation solutions, including platforms, cranes and gangways. Our innovative technologies empower our clients to overcome wave motion related challenges, ensuring minimal downtime and enabling them to maintain control over their operations and schedules. At Barge Master we pride ourselves on being the "Down Time Doctors" - your trusted partner in optimizing safety, efficiency and productivity.
We are seeking a motivated Electrical Engineer to join our team at Barge Master. As an Electrical Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the design, implementation and maintenance of electrical systems for our motion compensation solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that drive the energy transition in the offshore sector.
- Electrical System Design: Design and develop electrical systems for motion compensation solutions, ensuring compliance with industry standards, internal and client specifications. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate electrical systems seamlessly into larger projects.
- System Implementation and Testing: Oversee the implementation of electrical systems, conducting thorough testing and troubleshooting to ensure reliability and optimal performance. Collaborate with engineering teams to address any technical challenges and optimize system functionality.
- Maintenance and Upgrades: Managing the ongoing maintenance of electrical systems, performing routine inspections and implementing upgrades as needed. Stay abreast of industry developments and advancements to propose and integrate innovative solutions
- Collaboration and Communication: Work closely with multidisciplinary teams, including mechanical engineers, software developers and project managers to achieve seamless project integration. Communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and suppliers, ensuring alignment on project requirements.
- Documentation: Create comprehensive documentation for electrical designs, installations and testing procedures. Contribute to project reports and updates, maintaining clear and organized records.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of electrical systems, preferably in the maritime or offshore industry.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools for electrical design and simulation.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a hands-on approach to system testing and troubleshooting.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate within a diverse and dynamic team.
- Full command of English; proficiency in Dutch (written and verbal) is preferable.
Working at Barge Master
At Barge Master, we work hard to deliver quality and finish our projects on time. We believe a stimulative company culture with enough room for fun motivates our people to do so. Our company is growing, and we want you to grow with it.
That is why working at Barge Master also means:
- Being part of the dynamic offshore wind industry contributing to the energy transition.
- Joining an open, young, and supportive working environment.
- Receiving a competitive remuneration reflecting your experience and responsibilities.
- Operating within a team but with significant individual autonomy.
- Enjoying a healthy and sustainable lunch, including a salad bar.
- Participating in numerous company gatherings.
- Enjoying a breathtaking view of Rotterdam from our 12th floor.
- Opportunities for international travel.
See website for more information.