BE A PIONEER IN OFFSHORE WIND!
Barge Master is a fast-growing company in the offshore wind industry. We are an innovative company that develops motion compensation solutions, such as platforms, cranes and gangways for the maritime offshore industry. By providing motion compensation systems we help our clients to avoid weather downtime and remain in charge of their operations and schedules. Down Time Doctors, that’s who we are. As a company we believe that having fun and joy in your work is extremely important, so we made it a core value of Barge Master. Watch our company movie to see our solutions in practice;
As Project engineer you set up the plans for the Motion compensated gangway (rental) projects. Furthermore, you will supervise offshore operations from the beginning to the end. You will take care of the work preparation and risk analysis. You will have a role in coordinating and managing the project subcontractors/suppliers. You will set up work methods and lifting plans. You can manage design and fabrication for project specific designs or newbuild systems.
As a project engineer at Barge Master you are responsible for the entire project, including its quality, budget and planning. You will be part of a team that gets the job done together. A glimpse of your responsibilities:
- Setting-up, monitoring, and communicating a well thought out and efficient project planning and corre- sponding budget
- Review electrical, hydraulic, software & structural drawings of subcontractors
- Write documentation for drive and control suppliers
- Write and review testing procedures, work methods and system documentation
- Managing and on-site supervision of assembly, installation and (de)mobilization of BM equipment
- Execute on-site surveys, inspections and FAT with subcontractors
- Operator management
The tasks you will be working on will be diverse. For instance, one day you will be preparing import documentation and work on calculations for welding works and the next day you will supervise at the yard.
Of course, your job is not set in stone. You are encouraged to define for yourself which tasks are required to meet your responsibilities. The same holds for your development. We highly value your (career) develop- ment and encourage you to take the lead. You will develop yourself on-the-job, but you can also follow rele- vant workshops and/or training to acquire the knowledge and skills you are interested in or need in your job. Barge Master is a small team with a lot of opportunity to grow.
- Completed technical HBO/WO;
- Strong organizational skills. You can keep a good overview;
- Familiar with Offshore Industry (bonus)
- You can lead a project independently and feel comfortable with it;
- Experience and skills in mechanical design. Hydraulic knowledge is an advantage;
- Affinity with engineering tools and mechanical systems;
- You are solution-oriented and focused on safety;
- Full command of the English and preferably the Dutch language (written and verbal);
- Flexible and can handle ad hoc work efficiently during commissioning;
- 3 - 5 years relevant work experience.
Working at Barge Master
At Barge Master we work hard to deliver quality and finish our projects in time. We believe a stimulative com- pany culture with enough room for fun motivates our people to do so. Our company is growing, and we want you to grow with it. That is why working at Barge Master also means:
- Working in the exciting offshore wind industry that contributes to the energy transition
- An open, young and supportive working environment
- A remuneration that reflects the responsibilities
- Training through (inhouse) courses and on the job
- Operating in a team but with large individual powers
- A healthy and sustainable lunch, including a salad bar
- Many company gatherings
- A beautiful view of Rotterdam from our 12th floor
- Travel abroad for the projects
If you are interested and would like to be part of a young, fast growing offshore company, please send an email with your motivation and CV to: [email protected], before the 31 of October 2022. For further information you can contact Nathalie van der Vlist [email protected] or 010-4090060. This vacancy is only for EU nationals.