BOSKALIS OPERATIONS TRAINEESHIP 2024
How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Boskalis trainee if you are eager to learn a lot and want to kick-start your career! During the Boskalis International Traineeship you will do three assignments in 18 months and become part of our Dredging division, Offshore Energy division or DTED (Design, Tender, Engineering Department, part of our Dredging division). During the assignments you will gain extensive experience and have a lot of responsibility, while you team-up with more senior colleagues.
The opportunities are endless, as you get to work on various ‘one of a kind’ projects which often are the benchmark of the industry. You may be part of the tendering-, engineering- or operational phase of a dredging project like the land development for Manila International Airport in the Philippines. As a trainee in our Offshore Energy division, you may be part of the construction of a large offshore windfarm off the United States coastline.
During the tendering- and engineering phase you will act as a trainee engineer and translate client requirements to optimal economic proposals, technical designs and work methods. Naturally you will also make sure that the proposed solution is competitive, engineering is fit for purpose and that it is completed within the given timeframe.
During the operational phase of a project, you will work as a trainee superintendent and there is a good chance that you will be going abroad to work on a multidisciplinary project. Our fleet consists of around 600 vessels & auxiliary equipment and in the operational phase you work closely with these assets.
Where you will work
Boskalis International trainees work in our Offshore Energy division, Dredging division or Design, Tender, Engineering Department (DTED, part of our Dredging division). You may prefer one of these business units or perhaps all of them are of interest to you. If you work on an Offshore Energy project, you will be located at our head office in Papendrecht and may spend longer consecutive periods abroad. If you work on a dredging project you will work on a location abroad for six weeks at a stretch after which you will have four weeks of leave, these assignments can be anywhere in the world. If you work for our DTED department, you will do at least one assignment abroad and most likely one or two assignments from our head office in Papendrecht.
During the work assignments there is a lot of room to work on your personal development as you will work with top notch coaches and mentors. The program is packed with personal development courses, safety courses and specific Dredging or Offshore Energy courses. Together with your fellow trainees and coaches you will set personal development goals and work on them during and in between the assignments. You will build a strong international network in a short period of time.
This is what you need to make your mark as a trainee:
- A fully completed higher vocational education (hbo/ bachelor) or university (wo/ master) degree in civil engineering, hydraulic engineering, mechanical engineering, marine engineering, offshore & dredging engineering, land and water management, structural engineering, marine engineering, geotechnical engineering or industrial engineering & management.
- Full-time availability and obtained your diploma as of the 2 September 2024.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Willingness to work abroad.
This vacancy is open for people applying from within the EU; please see our UK traineeship opportunities and South East Asia traineeship opportunities.
Working at Boskalis
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
What you can expect
- Boskalis Traineeship: Lots of impact on megatrends and lots of growth opportunities. That’s what the Boskalis Traineeship is all about. The Traineeship lasts a total of 18 months during which you will complete three different challenging international assignments, tailored to your study and background.
- A dynamic environment: A job that allows you to collaborate with a talented team of experts from different backgrounds and contribute to making a significant impact.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance and foreign posting terms.
- Career development: We offer you plenty of opportunities to bring out the best in yourself for example through (online) courses at our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports field, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Boskalis project site: You will work on groundbreaking projects around the world. Boskalis creates new horizons and execute an extensive range of dredging and marine projects in 90 countries and across six continents.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Please apply online before Monday February 26 12.00 AM CEST to make sure you are considered for this great opportunity. Please send your CV and personal motivation in which you indicate the following: What makes you apply for Boskalis? What makes you apply for the traineeship and sets you apart?
- During the application process you can indicate your preference for a placement within our Dredging division, DTED department or Offshore Energy division. If you don't have a preference yet, that is completely fine. Based on your preference, study background and availability we will find the perfect place to kick-start your Boskalis career. Please note: a preference is not a guarantee for your preferred division.
- The Boskalis International Traineeship EU residents is coordinated from our head office in Papendrecht and this is where your training weeks will take place. The work assignments can be anywhere in the world.
- As of February 27, you will be informed if you made it through the next phase. In the next phase you will be challenged with an online cognitive assessment and game-based assessment. This will determine if you also proceed to the next steps (interview and final selection event).
- The online test and the game-based assessment will take place between February 28 and March 11. You can take these tests during that period at a time of your choice.
- The (online) interviews will take place between March 25 and April 10.
- On April 24 (in the late afternoon / evening) and April 25 (during the day) Expedition Boskalis will take place.
Block the dates mentioned in your agenda, so you are surely available during these moments to participate in the selection moments.