HOW YOU CAN MAKE YOUR MARK
Make your mark as a duty superintendent with Boskalis Offshore Energy – Heavy Marine Transport. You provide support to ship activities from shore and advice the internal organization on the operational aspects of the work. This position with Boskalis is not rotational, mostly executed from the office in close contact with the crew on the vessels. Are you looking for a company that realizes challenging projects globally and provides you with the opportunity to travel and learn different cultures? Then we would like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
In this role, you contribute to the seamless operations of our fleet. As a duty superintendent, your responsibilities will include:
- Operational Support: Provide essential operational support to our fleet of Heavy Marine Transport Vessels by sending sailing instructions, maintaining contact with vessel management, and offering shore support during urgent situations and emergencies.
- Vessel Monitoring: Utilize your keen eye for detail to monitor vessel positions, plot daily positions, and ensure the distribution of accurate vessel reports to relevant stakeholders, keeping everyone informed and updated.
- Equipment Management: Take charge of maintaining vessel equipment and stock, considering vessel routing, schedule, and suitable ports. Your expertise will be crucial in managing standard and non-standard equipment orders through collaboration with the purchase department.
- Sales Support: Showcase your knowledge and expertise by providing prompt support and valuable insights to the sales department. Assist in answering questions and advising on operational and nautical aspects during tenders and contract reviews.
- Collaborative Approach: Work closely with our engineering department to streamline project preparation. Rely on your operational knowledge and nautical expertise to provide valuable advice, ensuring efficient project execution.
Your Qualities and experience: You can move ahead as a duty superintendent if you have:
- Sailing experience as a Chief Officer
- Experience in project, contract and risk management
- Experience with discipline relevant software and models
- Strong people management skills
- Familiarity with international maritime regulations and industry standards
Competences to execute this role as a duty superintendent, are: problem solving, planning & organizing and communication. During the interview process we can zoom in on relevant examples from ones work experience.
- What you can expect A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: A competitive salary and much more, including holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 26 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as company health insurance, travel allowance
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: You will become part of the Heavy Marine Transport - Operations team with 5 colleagues
- Where you will work: For office-based roles, in consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly in the office.
- Full job: The position of function is a full-time (40 hours a week) job.
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it’s clear we’re a good match, we’ll make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
In this job you will work for the offshore energy division. Boskalis has one of the largest global fleets of specialized offshore vessels, allowing us to carry out a broad range of offshore activities. We provide innovative and sustainable all-round solutions to tackle major worldwide maritime challenges. Our Offshore Energy division supports sustainable energy solutions such as wind energy as well as traditional fossil facilities. We’re involved in the entire journey from developing and transporting to maintaining and decommissioning these facilities.
Want to know more? We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Duty Superintendent. Please contact Matthew Hurrel, Recruiter.
Interested? Please apply before 16th February 2024 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment- and selection agencies. #LI-MH1