How you can make your mark
Make your mark as ISM SHEQ Officer for the Boskalis Offshore Energy Fleet Management Department. Safety is a highly valued priority and it is our task to further improve our safety culture and reach our goal of an incident-free working environment. Our NINA – No Injuries, No Accidents – safety program sets clear standards and explains what we expect from our people with regard to their safety behavior.
As ISM SHEQ Officer it is your role to promote the awareness and understanding of safety policies and NINA values within the Offshore Fleet Management organization, ashore as well as onboard. You aim to do this by teaming up with your colleagues throughout Boskalis: you do this together. Next to that, you ensure that the requirements described in the ISM (International Safety Management), ISPS (International Ship and Port Facility Security) code and Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) are introduced and maintained correctly.
Your responsibilities as ISM SHEQ Officer:
- Conducting 1st party audits and coordinating/ facilitating 2nd and 3rd party audits.
- Providing support to ensure and verify that the requirements are understood and put into practice correctly at all levels within the organization (office as well as on the vessels).
- Providing reports on the performance of the fleet management system by collecting, recording and evaluating records, reviewing existing procedures as part of the system improvement feedback cycle.
- Assisting in root cause analysis of near misses and accidents, conduction incident investigations.
You can make your mark as an ISM SHEQ Officer if you have:
- At least 3 years’ relevant work experience in a maritime, nautical or technical discipline.
- A bachelor’s degree in a maritime, nautical or technical discipline.
- Knowledge of management standards such as ISM-code, ISPS-code and maritime legislation such as SOLAS, MARPOL, STCW, MLC and pattern of application via the legislation of various flag states.
- Knowledge of OVMSA/OVID standard is an advantage.
- A good command of written and spoken Dutch and English is mandatory.
- No problem with occasional travel.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance.
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Every year Young Boskalis organizes various activities, such as a visit to a project or vessel in the Netherlands, but also a Friday Drink on the first day after payday.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Your team: You will be part of small international team of 4 within the Offshore Energy Fleet Management Department. In the position of ISM SHEQ Officer you are in touch with people throughout the whole Offshore Energy division, both crew and staff.
- Where you will work: You are based at our campus in Papendrecht, however frequently visiting the crew on the vessels, is part of the job
- Fulltime job: The function of ISM SHEQ Officer is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive a confirmation email. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. We will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of ISM SHEQ Officer. Please contact Juliette Janssen, Recruiter via +31 (0)6 50 15 06 22.
Interested? Please apply before March 1st 2020 by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.