How you can make your mark
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer at Boskalis Subsea Services by providing technical support, insight and input during the tender phase of projects, as well as contributing to the execution of the project eventually. Of course within the legal framework and regulations, internal guidelines, technical possibilities and wishes of the customer. The goal is always that we execute projects in a timely, high-quality, safe and profitable way.
As Project Engineer you have a key role in estimating and eventually coordinating the workload on the project to ensure that high-quality work is delivered. Being part of a project team you know how to communicate on different levels to achieve your goals.
Are you looking for a company that puts building with nature high on the agenda? Then we’d like to get to know you better at Boskalis!
Your responsibilities as a Project Engineer at Boskalis Subsea Services
- You develop project documents and guide procurement in the preparation phase;
- You develop work procedures and are responsible for planning the required equipment.
- You supervise engineering assignments and coordinate matters well with all involved.
- You advise where necessary and assess progress and results based on specifications and budget.
- You make the diving project plan and other project documents.
- You also provide clear reports and evaluations.
- In the execution phase, assistance is provided on location;
- You make dive plans and management of changes if and when required.
- You advise on personnel and you are the point of contact for the client on board.
- You record the progress and you are responsible for subprojects.
- You create project field and final reports.
You can make your mark as a Project Engineer at Boskalis Subsea Services if you have:
- A HBO level in shipbuilding, maritime engineering, mechanical engineering or civil engineering.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Affinity with the maritime world and you have no problem with being regularly present at project locations in the Southern North Sea, but also occasionally worldwide.
- You write and speak English well and you can handle (specialist) software.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides salary you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of at least 25 days, virtually non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance, travel allowance, foreign posting terms.
- Warm welcome: We warmly welcome our new colleagues, so they feel at home as soon as possible. During your onboarding program, we give you all the ins and outs about Boskalis!
- Career opportunities: Because we work in a dynamic environment we challenge you every day to get better. Together we will realize your full personal and professional career by creating development opportunities.
- The Boskalis campus: Boskalis is located in Papendrecht, where all our disciplines come together on-campus. Bicycles are available on site to make it easy for you to move between buildings. There’s also an electric bus for those times the weather turns wet! Two lunch canteens, a sports field and shower facilities can also be found on our campus.
- Besides work: There’s never a dull moment at Boskalis! During and after working hours, there’s always a lot going on. Most activities are initiated voluntarily by our colleagues, and they are very diverse. There are sporting activities like hockey, cycling or running (for a charity), and the sailing regatta (Baggerzeilweekend) organized by several large dredging companies. And for the less physical types, there are the Body of Knowledge meetings where you can share and learn about a variety of topics. Perhaps you’d even like to launch an activity yourself?
- Your team: You will work as a Project Engineer in a team of Project Managers, Project Engineers, Tender Managers and Tender Engineers. You are the go-to person when it comes to in-depth project and working method specifics. Being part of project teams, you know how to communicate on different levels, with several stakeholders in order to achieve your goals.
- Where you will work: You will be working at the Boskalis Campus Papendrecht and 20 to 30% on project locations.
- Fulltime/ part time job: The function of Project Engineer is a fulltime job.
- Procedure: Application is easy. All you need to do to apply for a job is complete the online application form and send it to us along with your CV and cover letter. As soon as you have sent your application you will receive an email to confirm receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your junk folder. It is not possible to apply via email, the contact form or regular mail. Depending on the job we will invite you for two or more interviews. After successfully completing all the steps in the procedure we warmly welcome you to our organization. Now the real work can begin!
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the function of function. Please contact Robert Smits, Recruiter via phone number +31 78 696 83 98.
Interested? Please apply before December 13th by filling in your details and by uploading your cover letter and CV on our careers site.