How you can make your mark
Make your mark as Sr. Marine Engineer at the Global Engineering department of Boskalis Offshore Energy. As Sr. Marine Engineer, you take part in multidisciplinary project engineering teams, which are responsible for the complete engineering of complex projects - from the concept design all the way to the supervision and assistance of the actual execution phase. You take responsibility for solving everything related to offshore hydrodynamic modelling.
Your knowledge of ocean environments, behavior of floating structures, machinery and (lifting) equipment is of vital importance for the understanding of offshore operations. Therefore, your expertise could be of significant importance for the success of a project.
Your responsibilities as Sr. Marine Engineer
- You commence project specific Vessel Motion Analysis, Station Keeping Analysis (Anchor Moorings and/or DP), Cable/Pipeline installation Analyses, Offshore Lifting Analyses, Sea fastening calculations, Stability calculations and many more.
- In addition to actual calculation assignments, you will be the expert advising on engineering various maritime and offshore related procedures as Towing manuals, Lifting procedures and Installation TaskPlans.
- Besides project specific engineering, you are responsible for giving solid advice to the tender department on any technical queries they may encounter.
- Support and manage the outsourcing of Marine Engineering which cannot be commenced in house (Overflow as well as technical specialties).
- Act as a mentor towards the Junior colleagues, actively support in their development both technical as well as non-technical.
You can make your mark as Sr. Marine Engineer if you have:
- A Master's degree in Mechanical engineering, Civil engineering, Marine engineering, Offshore Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- A minimum of 7 years of working experience in a similar discipline engineering role.
- Knowledge and experienced with programming language (Python, Matlab) is required.
- Knowledge and experienced with Hydrodynamic software packages such as ANSYS, AQWA, Orcaflex or similar.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Willingness to stay on board during start-up & execution of offshore projects (approx. 4 to 6 weeks each year).
What you can expect
- A dynamic environment: A job where you can make an impact, in an earth-moving company, as part of a diverse, international team of experts.
- Rewarding conditions: Besides a competitive salary, you will receive holiday allowance, holiday entitlement of 31 days (based on a full-time contract), a non-contributory pension scheme, collective schemes such as collective health insurance and travel allowance.
- Career development: Plenty of opportunities to realize your full potential. Challenge yourself with (online) courses in our Boskalis academy.
- The Boskalis campus: Experience the unique Boskalis vibe at our Papendrecht site, complete with restaurants, sports fields, and a wharf where our vessels dock. We offer a state-of-the-art auditorium, brainstorming rooms, experience center for client meetings, and a barista corner where you can connect with colleagues.
- Young Boskalis: Are you under 36? Come and join Young Boskalis! Have fun and join in social and sports activities ranging from pub quizzes to yoga, bootcamps and an annual sailing boat race. Networking and knowledge sharing are a vital part of Young Boskalis as well.
- Your team: The department now consists of 11 people and with this vacancy the staffing will be expanded to a total of 12 people.
- Where you will work: For office-based roles, in consultation with your manager and your team, you work partly at home and partly in the office.
- Fulltime job: The position of Marine Engineer is a fulltime job (40 hours a week).
- Next steps: Apply easily by completing the online application form. Interviews are held online or in the office. Once it is clear we are a good match, we will make you an offer – and look forward to welcoming you to the company.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Sr. Marine Engineer. Please contact Rosanne Boer, Corporate Recruiter via [email protected].
Interested? Please apply before december 20th 2022.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.