For one of our client we are looking for a Marine Superintendent Chemical. Our client is a highly respected maritime and logistics service provider based in the Middle East.
What do you do?
As a Marine Superintendent Chemical you are responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operations of the vessels. Additionally, you liaise and act as the focal point between the ships and the organization. As a Marine Superintendent Chemical you are also responsible for monitoring all aspects of safety, certifications and regulatory requirements, audits, inspections and surveys, etc. This is in order to ensure that company owned vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and that they are in compliance with statutory rules and regulations.
– To monitor, arrange and respond to SIRE/CDI inspections as required by owner’s commercial department or any flag inspections in order to ensure compliance with required rules and regulations
– To visit vessels to assist with pre-vetting inspections and carrying out any other audits as required by management, in order to identify any potential risks in advance
– To participate in the appointment of agencies and follow-up with them in order to sure timely disbursements and invoicing of owner’s husbandry matters
– To monitor ships/vessels transit in high risk areas
– To oversee testing of alerts and liaise with service providers for troubleshooting
– To monitor and support vessel’s load/discharging operations in coordination with commercial operators.
– To act as the first point of contact (FPC) for assigned vessels on matters related to operations, safety and emergencies
– To ensure all possible assistance is accorded for the safe prosecution of the voyage
– To investigate navigational and operation incident
What do you bring?
You have obtained a Master Mariner Certificate and have at minimal 3-7 years of relevant experience, in which you have sailed as a Chief Officer/Master on a Chemical Tanker.
Are you interested in the position of Marine Superintendent Chemical? Click on ‘Apply’ and send an up-to-date resume or contact Olivier Binkhorst at +31 6 11 88 05 07.