For one of our client we are looking for a Senior Technical Superintendent SHEQ. Our client is a highly respected maritime and logistics service provider based in the Middle East.
What do you do?
As a Senior Technical Superintendent SHEQ you are responsible for monitoring and controlling the cost-efficient operation of assigned vessels. Additionally, you provide technical and maintenance related activities on board of the assigned vessels. A Senior Technical Superintendent SHEQ is also responsible for conducting inspections, monitoring reports, planning and overseeing repairs and ordering spare parts to achieve the desired level of operational performance.
– To monitor and ensure that routine and preventive maintenance of hull and all machinery and equipment on assigned vessels is completed in time
– To plan, arrange and ensure timely completion of voyage and dry docking repairs as necessary
– To provide technical support to and control technical budgets of assigned vessels
– To perform inspections and technical audits on assigned vessels to identify technical issues and provide suitable solutions for operational efficiency
– To monitor and assess the needs of each vessel and ensure the timely provision of all required ship stores and spare parts/gear to vessels
– To coordinate implementation of engineering projects assigned for the allocated vessels
– To perform upgrades on vessels and oversee the delivery of project materials
– To monitor that all assigned vessels possess the required technical certifications for safe operation and compliance with the technical specifications, maritime legislations, safety regulations and operational standards of both the company and the vessels owners.
What do you bring?
You have obtained a bachelor degree in Marine Engineering, a Chief Engineer certificate or equivalent. Additionally, you have a minimum of 12-15 years experience with sailing on Oil Tankers/Chemical/Product Tankers, in which you must have sailed for a minimum of 5 years as Chief Engineer Rank with a reputable shipowner. You also have occupied a position of HSEQ Superintendent for a minimum of 2 years ashore.
Are you interested in the position of Senior Technical Superintendent SHEQ? Click on ‘Apply’ and send an up-to-date resume or contact Olivier Binkhorst at +31 6 11 88 05 07.