COSCO SHIPPING Heavy Transport
Senior Project Engineer(/Project coordinator)
maart 13, 2023
- You can (independently) perform, manage and organize (engineering) activities for a project.
- You can prepare technical tender documents and perform project coordination for large scale contracts
- You will liaise with the COSCO commercial team and clients concerning vessel schedule
- You will guide the project team members to timely perform their assigned task within the project
- You maintain contact with clients, subcontractors, surveyors and other COSCO offices.
- You can work with different cultures and internally with offices in Houston (USA) and Guangzhou (China)
- You prepare reports and manuals for the awarded projects.
- You make an inventory of cargo data, define the most suitable vessel (in close consultation with the commercial department) and perform stability, strength and motion response analyses for a transport.
- You visit clients and shipyards for meetings.
- You provide operational support on board the vessels during loading- and discharging operations (when necessary).
- You work on internal development of software models and tools and calculation techniques.
- As a minimum, you have a Bachelor’s degree naval architecture or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- You have the ambition to develop yourself in the special world of marine heavy transport and to develop yourself further in this.
- You can work independently, but also in a team
- You have a sense of humour.
- You have experience with AUTOCAD, GHS and OCTOPUS software or you are prepared to improve your skills in those programs.
Although we are a relatively small company we are part of a much larger organization which offers growth potential while still having a family environment. Everybody knows that you can count on each other without having layers of management in between and you will also have the opportunities and benefits of a multinational.
We offer a challenging job in a dynamic industry with many challenges and the opportunity to perform engineering and coordinate projects independently (worldwide). Of course, the primary and secondary benefits are excellent.