(2ND AND 3RD ENGINEERS ARE ALSO WELCOME)
The Chief Engineer is in charge of the engineering department and has authority over all engineering and planned maintenance. The Chief Engineer is a professional with hands on, extensive experience in all operational and technical aspects of Maritime and/or Offshore operations. Besides excellent technical skills, the Chief Engineer has the management skills to train, coach and maintain his engineering crew to the standards of our clients, and to their own potential. The Chief Engineer maintains all communication lines with Masters, superintendents and the Technical Management.
Bottom line: you are responsible for the efficient, safe running and maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and ancillary equipment and deck machinery on board the vessel
Experience is preferred, but the right mentality of hard work and team player are much more important.
Our candidate has
- Ensure that the Planned Maintenance System is properly maintained and reported;
- Ensure all certification is valid and up to date;
- Assist the vessel's Master to implement and maintain the company's policies and Safety Management System;
- Ensure that all Engine Room Watch keeping duties are fulfilled;
- Experience within the dredging or offshore industry (with a DP Operator Certificate) or within the maritime industry;
- Good command of Dutch and English language;
- You have an independent and safe attitude with quality awareness and responsibility;
- You have a friendly and flexible attitude with regard to working hours;
- Willingness to work abroad on a regular basis, ranging from a week to several months;
- You are a team player who thinks along and can improvise on location;
- You show initiative, are accurate and creative in finding solutions.
For more information, kindly send an email to [email protected] or call us at +31 (0)10 66 66 060