CSMART is currently looking for an Instructor for our Technical Department for 40 hours per week, with a particular focus on Crew Resource Management, current and emerging technologies and procedures achieved by training and simulations. In order to achieve and maintain the agreed maritime standards, the role of the Instructor is to expand their skill set to suit the training needs of the organization. This role focuses on training provided to cruise ship officers. Applicants must possess a high degree of self-motivation and a proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
CSMART, Center for Simulator Maritime Training, is the international award-winning training centre for Operational HESS trainings onboard, online and onsite programmes for Carnival Corporation & plc.
Carnival Corporation & plc the largest leisure travel company in the world holds nine cruise brands worldwide, operating 87 ships with an addition of 16 new ships scheduled for delivery by 2025. Carnival Corporation & plc employs a talented and diverse workforce of valued employees from nearly 150 countries across all brands. Our brands are: Carnival Cruise Line, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises Australia, and P&O Cruises UK.
At Carnival Corporation & plc, our highest responsibility and top priority is compliance, environmental protection and the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the people in the communities we touch and serve, and our shipboard and shoreside employees. On this foundation, we aspire to deliver unmatched joyful vacations for our guests, always exceeding their expectations and in doing so driving outstanding shareholder value. We are committed to a positive and just corporate culture, based on inclusion and the power of diversity. We operate with integrity, trust, and respect for each other -- communicating, coordinating, and collaborating while seeking candor, openness and transparency at all times. And we aspire to be an exemplary corporate citizen leaving the people and the places we touch even better.
At CSMART, we reinforce our vision statement by providing all Maritime Officers with rigorous, industry leading safety training. Our Onsite Academy features state-of-the-art technology and methodology in our Bridge and Engine Room simulators, including Part Task, Full Mission and practical Electrical Training Laboratories. The centre, and supporting Hotel, focuses on utilizing the most innovative technology and training solutions in the maritime industry.
CSMART’s highly experienced and committed team members continually work together to deliver training that surpasses industry standard for safety while anticipating advances in ship technology & sustainability. All departments work toward fostering critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making with confidence in a work environment of respect and inclusiveness. We look forward to welcoming you to our team to help us build upon our success!
Duties & Responsibilities
As an Instructor (Technical), you are an integral part of the CSMART team, where your key responsibilities will include, yet not limited to:
- Delivering training to ship-board technical staff
- Delivers the course according to the CSMART course delivery process
- Developing courses/new procedures to be implemented on board ships
- Keeping up to date with current practices and technology
- Liaises with the Course Administration team and other instructors to ensure everything is prepared prior to start of courses
- Follows up with underperforming participant process
- Restores equipment and restores any deficiencies
Requirements & Experience
- Be or have been STCW qualified: III/2 Chief engineer unlimited or III/6 licensed
- Experience as a Senior Engineer / Superintendent or Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the Maritime Field.
- Cruise Ship experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in teaching / instructing would be an asset.
Skills & Competencies
- Basic knowledge of computers & networks
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent written and verbal English language
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Works well in a multi-cultural team
- Ability to work unassisted
As part of our remuneration package, CSMART offers successful candidates a competitive salary & benefits.
To know more about our organization have a look at our website www.csmartalmere.com
Should you be interested in the role, kindly send your CV & motivation letter to Petra Kendall, email: [email protected]