You will be part of a motivated team of experts, performing crucial tasks in the early design stage. In addition you will work in basic design as an authority in your discipline. You will have the possibility to collaborate with R&D to improve the internal processes of E&A system design.
Being among the first employees in DEHi office you will make a great impact on the culture and working practices of the company. You will also work internationally, collaborating mainly with international clients, design offices in the Netherlands, Poland and shipbuilding yard in Romania.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Represent the electrical and automation (E&A) discipline in early ship design process for Cruise, Ropax and Offshore divisions;
- Be part of the concept development process by investigating and making decisions on power plant type and setup;
- Perform calculations and analysis such as load balance and similar;
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions and schematic drawings;
- Work with suppliers and carry out procurement of main equipment;
- Optimize the energy efficiency of the ship power production.
- Bachelor or Master degree in the area of electrical engineering, alternatively a technical degree with relevant experience;
- Demonstrable and extensive hands-on experience of electrical engineering in the ship concept stage;
- Thorough understanding of power distribution in complex vessels;
- Up to date knowledge of industrial automation systems;
- Comfortable with relevant drafting tools;
- Comfortable with relevant calculation and system modelling tools;
- Excellent professional communication skills in English and preferably Finnish;
- High level of customer-orientation and ability to work on various projects at the same time.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees, WE ARE Damen Shipyards Group! In our benefits program we offer you:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package;
- Sport & Cultural vouchers;
- Centrally located, newly renovated, office close to metro station;
- Continuous focus on your professional and personal development provided by Damen Academy;
- Motivated and talented colleagues to work with internally and internationally;
- A respectful working atmosphere.