You will be part of a motivated team of experts, performing crucial tasks in the early design stage. In addition you will work in basic design as an authority in your discipline. You will have the possibility to collaborate with R&D to improve the internal processes of ship design.
Being among the first employees in DEHi office you will make a great impact on the culture and working practices of the company. You will also work internationally, collaborating mainly with international clients, design offices in the Netherlands, Poland and shipbuilding yard in Romania.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work as stability engineer in early ship design process of Cruise, Ropax and Offshore division;
- Design and model the ship watertight subdivision;
- Perform relevant stability calculations and criteria checks;
- Generate drawings related to watertight subdivision and stability;
- Work on the ship technical specification;
- Develop the Damen stability calculation process.
- Bachelor or Master degree in the area of naval architecture, alternatively a technical degree with relevant experience;
- Extensive experience of stability calculations;
- Understanding of the governing principles of passenger ship and offshore vessel stability criteria;
- Knowledge of relevant IMO and regulations including e.g. SOLAS 2020 and polar code;
- Good understanding of ship arrangements and general design boundaries;
- Advanced user in NAPA software and experience in drafting in AUTOCAD or similar software;
- Excellent professional communication skills in English and preferably Finnish;
- High level of customer-orientation and ability to work on various projects at the same time.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees, WE ARE Damen Shipyards Group! In our benefits program we offer you:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package;
- Sport & Cultural vouchers;
- Centrally located, newly renovated, office close to metro station;
- Continuous focus on your professional and personal development provided by Damen Academy;
- Motivated and talented colleagues to work with internally and internationally;
- A respectful working atmosphere.