You will be part of a motivated team of experts, performing crucial tasks in the early design stage. In addition you will work in basic design as an authority in your discipline. You will have the possibility to collaborate with R&D to improve the internal processes of ship design.
Being among the first employees in DEHi office you will make a great impact on the culture and working practices of the company. You will also work internationally, collaborating mainly with international clients, design offices in the Netherlands, Poland and shipbuilding yard in Romania.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Represent the structural discipline in early ship design process for Cruise, Ropax and Offshore divisions;
- Perform initial scantling calculations including longitudinal and transversal strength;
- Generate early stage structural drawings such as midship sections;
- Develop and review steel weight calculations;
- Manage structural calculations and analyses by subcontractors;
- Function as design authority in the basic design stage;
- Perform 3D structural modelling.
- Bachelor or Master degree preferably in the area of shipbuilding or structural engineering, alternatively a technical degree with relevant experience gained in the ship building industry;
- Demonstrable and extensive hands-on experience in structural design and/or analysis in the concept stage;
- Thorough understanding of ship structural principles on a global level;
- Understanding of ship technology in general;
- Familiar with classification society structural requirements in general;
- Willingness to develop your holistic skills in naval architecture;
- Comfortable with relevant drafting and calculation tools;
- Excellent professional communication skills in English and preferably Finnish;
- High level of customer-orientation and ability to work on various projects at the same time.
An assessment and pre-employment screening will be part of the application process.
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees, WE ARE Damen Shipyards Group! In our benefits program we offer you:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package;
- Sport & Cultural vouchers;
- Centrally located, newly renovated, office close to metro station;
- Continuous focus on your professional and personal development provided by Damen Academy;
- Motivated and talented colleagues to work with internally and internationally;
- A respectful working atmosphere.