Damen Mid-Sized Vessels
Junior Design and Proposal Engineer
As Damen Mid Sized Vessels we deliver maritime projects for various markets like e.g. Defense and Security, Public Transport, Offshore and Dredging. Our projects are Engineered to Order (ETO), which means we are involved throughout the project from the commercial phase, building the PM strategy, until commissioning, delivery and warranty. This makes our work very challenging because the environment is complex and we have a lot of stakeholders. We work in close cooperation with various internal departments, (sub)contractors, teams on the shipyard and of course the client and her representatives.
We do this with an international team of active and passionate colleagues who are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers. With these developments Damen Mid-Sized Vessels pushes towards a more sustainable maritime industry.
As a junior Design & Proposal Engineer you will be working on concept designs, individually and in teams for products handled by the Offshore Group. These products are characterized by a high level of customization and client input. Next you will be working on the development and maintenance of specific standard designs.
You will work together with specialists from our Research, Engineering, Production and Marketing teams.
As a junior Design & Proposal Engineer, you and the team are responsible for the follow-up of requests that come in via the Sales department. Considering all technical, cost price, delivery time and related information. To support our clients in the best possible way.
This is a good fit if you like to do the following:
- Enjoy all naval Architectural disciplines;
- Work closely together within a team, various departments and external parties to deliver an optimized design;
- Deepen out our clients request and provide best possible solutions;
- Development of a full commercial package comprising General Plan, Technical Specifications, Cost price calculation, and delivery date within the framework of the clients request;
- Take responsibility for your own work and reach out to your collegues when required;
- Supporting the Sales Manager with your technical input during meetings with the customer. Where necessary by means of presentations and/or calculations;
- Providing optimal knowledge transfer, when a tender becomes an order.
- A Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Naval Architecture;
- Preferably some years relevant work experience;
- Excellent communication skills in English (and Dutch).
- A teamplayer;
- Comfortable in taking the initiative;
- Decisive and you like to work methodically;
- Creative to ensure the clients of our customers enjoy their experience onboard our vessels;
- Well able to manage expectations;
- Willing to occasionally travel abroad.
- Personal guidance, freedom, varied work and a work environment where your opinion counts;
- A work from home policy;
- An excellent benefits package tailored to your experience and education level;
- An International work environment;
- Open, informal, no-nonsense culture with short communication lines.
We look forward to meeting you! Do you need more information? Don't hesitate to get in touch with Gerard Eggink (Recruiter) 06-10 26 55 93.
Damen Mid-Sized Vessels does not approve of a commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.