Damen Mid-Sized Vessels
Technical Specialist Shipbuilding
Do you have experience in ship design, within the knowledge domain of shipbuilding, such as Hydrodynamics, Structure & Production, Outfitting, Corrosion Protection, Safety and Deck Equipment with a focus on Weight calculation, Lines plans and Stability calculations??
Do you want to work with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry? Then Damen Mid Sized Vessels has possibilities for you!
In this position you actively contribute in the pre-contract design development process, by supporting the commerce department within the shipbuilding domain. On the latter, the role has a focus on the development and standardization of technology within the shipbuilding domain, to facilitate the tender phase and execution of our projects.
About Damen Mid Sized Vessels
We deliver maritime projects for various markets like e.g. defense & security, public transport, offshore and dredging. Our projects are Engineered to Order (ETO). Which means we are involved throughout the project from the commercial phase, building the PM strategy, until commissioning, delivery and warranty. This makes our work very challenging because the environment in complex and we have a lot of stakeholders. We work in close cooperation with various internal departments, (sub)contractors, teams on the shipyard and of course the client and her representatives.
We do this with an international team of ‘can-do’ people that are developing new and innovative technologies and ways to support customers and push for a more sustainable maritime industry?
So the main question is: are you ready for a challenge?
The role of Technical Specialist Shipbuilding is involved throughout the entire process, however the main focus is on pre-contract & concept design in close collaboration with our Design and Proposal team on the one hand, and our Engineering team on the other. It includes activities related to concept design works or the validation thereof.
As a Technical Specialist you will also work actively on the standardization of systems & components, that will contribute to the platform strategy and therewith providing a competitive edge during the tender and execution phase. Your core tasks will consist of designing, configuring and assessing systems and components and overseeing these activities. Within the role you will mainly work in multi-disciplinary teams to make things happen.
- Independently assesses or co-create the (technical) specifications, technical drawings (e.g. General arrangement plan), calculations (including budgetary calculations), methodology / tooling choices & protocols during the commercial phase.
- Participate in design reviews during the Basic and Detailed Engineering to monitor quality.
- Identifying during the commercial phase potential risks in the engineering process and deliverables, and formulates proposals to mitigate these
- Guides engineers in all phases in a consultative manner
- Identifies, creates & implements possibilities to standardize systems / materials / components / tooling, in consultation with the internal stakeholders
- Collates & processes product feedback from within the entire division and is responsible for initiating & embedding improvements.
As a Technical Specialist Shipbuilding you need to have:
- A higher vocational or academic level of thinking in the field of Naval Architect, Shipbuilding or equivalent
- At least 10 years of proven work experience in a similar role
- Recent experience with AutoCAD, PDM and ERP systems;
- Experience in (Model-Based) systems engineering is a pre
- A pragmatic, Persuasive with a solid personality. • Decisive and at the same time flexible in your approach and works methodically
- A good command of the English language
- A result-oriented attitude, with initiative;
- The ability to influence, put things into perspective and also know how to have the patience that is sometimes needed to achieve results;
- A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation
- Competitive salary
- At least 40 days of annual leave
- Travel allowance
- Pension allowance
- Professional and personal development through training.
Please send your application via the Apply button.
For questions you can contact Gerard Eggink (Recruiter), 06-10 26 55 93