Assistant Project Management (project based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
As Assistant Project Management you will be assigned to a project team within the programme. You will directly support the Project Manager, preparing meeting reports, presentations, organization charts or management reports. Additionally, you will attend meetings with clients and suppliers, supplying operational support and advising the Client liaison team.
Your concrete tasks and responsibilities as Assistant Project Management will be:
- Organize meetings with the German customer (create agenda; ask participants for participation and contributions; invite participants; reserve space; send documents or distribute internally; write protocol; complete protocol and send to customer)
- Prosecute action items and questions internally for answers
- Distribute action items answers from the client internally
- Check presentations (German spelling and grammar, formatting, and content.
- Collect and process information for the internal Newsletter.
- Keep organization chart up to date.
- Preparing presentations from existing information.
- Helping colleagues with occasional translation and understanding questions.
- All other common activities.
As Assistant Project Management, you need to have:
- Technical education or a bachelor's degree in business administration or other relevant study.
- Excellent communication abilities in English and German, both written and verbal.
- Experience in preparing agenda's, documents, presentations, reports is a strong asset.
- Affinity with the maritime sector or a strong motivation to develop in this sector and be part of an international and professional working environment.
- Competencies: assertive, structured working, able to deal with German "Gründlichkeit" and continue this with the deliverables to the client.
- Able and willing to work fulltime based in Vlissingen.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa is required to be considered as a viable candidate
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Assistant Project Management and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.