Catia Mechanical Application Manager
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team of over 500 professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
The position of Catia Mechanical Application Manager is vacant within the Engineering department of Damen Naval. At this department employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field of ability. As the expectations of the capabilities of naval vessels grow, so does the wish for optimal use. The quest for deeper knowledge about asset health, when it will need to be supported, which parts and other resources are needed, is common among all asset owners. As naval ship builder, Damen Naval can include all the necessities for optimal use of our products from the very beginning of a ship's life-cycle.
As Catia Mechanical Application Manager you are the expert and within the department you will be the one responsible for the functional application management of our CATIA Mechanical 3D CAT system. This means you will advise and help multiple projects on the best use of the system. You are the first line functional support in case of issues with the system and you are responsible for resolving these issues. You will also recommend management on continuous improvements which can be realized within the system. Furthermore, you will have following responsibilities:
- Recommend projects on best use of the system within the existing functionalities.
- Configure the system for best use within the projects.
- Analyse issues within the system and work together with Damen Naval IT department and external suppliers to resolve these issues.
- Pro-actively check performance indicators of the system to find possible issues.
As Catia Mechanical Application Manager you will need to have:
- Knowledge of and working experience with the CATIA system.
- Affinity with high-end Mechanical Engineering processes (in shipbuilding or in other fields).
- Knowledge of the Application Service Library.
- Characteristics: service driven personality, creative within your field, accurate, efficient, and capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team.Excellent command of the Dutch and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of projects).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Catia Mechanical Application and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with an EU citizenship or valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.