CATIA MECHANICAL APPLICATION MANAGER
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500-strong – of professionals in our location in the beautiful province of Zeeland on the south-west coast of the Netherlands. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full service provider, or integrator, throughout the lifecycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
About the Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding Engineering department The position is within the Engineering department where the employees have been divided over projects, in which they contribute to both product definition and the engineering of production information within their field of expertise. As the expectations of the capabilities of naval vessels grow, so does the wish for optimal utilization. The quest for deeper knowledge regarding asset health, when it will need to be maintained, which parts and other resources are needed, is common among all asset owners. Being a Naval shipbuilder gives DSNS the opportunity to incorporate all necessities for optimal utilization of our products from the very start of a vessel’s lifespan.
You are the expert! Within this department you will be the one responsible for the functional application management of our CATIA Mechanical 3D CAT system. This means you will advise and assist multiple projects on the optimal use of the system. You are the first line functional support in case of issues with the system and you are responsible for resolving these issues. You will also advise our management on continuous improvements which can be realized within the system.
- Advise projects on optimal use of the system within the existing functionalities
- Configure the system for optimal use within the projects
- Analyse issues within the system and work together with DSNS IT department and external suppliers to resolve these issues
- Pro-actively check performance indicators of the system in order to identify possible issues
- Knowledge of and working experience with the CATIA system;
- Affinity with high-end Mechanical Engineering processes (in shipbuilding or in other fields);
- Knowledge of the Application Service Library;
- Service driven personality;
- Creative within your field;
- Accurate and efficient;
- Capable of working in a multi-disciplinary team;
- European passport for security clearance
- Prepared to work on other locations than the regular office location, in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Good command of Dutch and English language (written & verbal).
We highly value our employees and support your professional and personal development. Therefore we invest in all our employees by:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment;
- A competitive salary package & other benefit;
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment;
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.