Data Engineer 3DX (Interim)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
For this Interim position, Damen Naval is looking for a Data Engineer 3DX who can start on a temporary basis. As interim Data Engineer 3DX at Damen Naval, you will play a pivotal role in our exciting projects, whether it is designing innovative new vessels or enhancing existing ones. Your primary responsibilities will involve data processing, ensuring data integrity, and data entry into 3DX, our state-of-the-art PDM/PLM tool. You will be working with Combat Systems information, directly supporting the Technical Subcontract Managers Combat System. This contribution enables the smooth progress of the engineering process for the naval vessels you will be involved with.
As a Data Engineer 3DX your key responsibilities will include:
- Enter information into the PDM/PLM tool, using your expertise in 3DX and Microsoft applications. This data could include equipment details from suppliers or system description documents.
- Maintain data integrity within your scope.
- Participate in engineering reviews that rely on your data.
- Collaborate with Technical Subcontract Manager(s) in defining, establishing, and testing functional and physical interfaces.
- Identify inconsistencies in data completeness and report to the Technical Subcontract Manager(s).
- Assist subcontractors and suppliers in preparing and executing their contributions to projects.
- Support the integration and engineering of different systems and components within your scope.
- Help other team members interpret data from subcontractors and navigate the PDM/PLM tool to access required information.
As a Data Engineer 3DX , you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Secondary vocational degree (MBO-4) in an engineering-related discipline.
- Experience in data entry using PDM/PLM tools, databases, and Microsoft applications.
- A passion for working in multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- A basic understanding of engineering concepts and practices, with some engineering experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a proactive approach to completing tasks on time.
- Experience in a maritime engineering environment is a plus.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to other locations as needed.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential and ideally also basic working level proficiency of the Dutch or German language.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we value our interim team members and strive for a positive and successful collaboration. As an interim professional on secondment basis (detachering) or as a freelancer (ZZP), we offer you the following conditions:
- An attractive rate, ensuring at least equal pay to permanent staff.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- Flexibility to work partially from home.
- Challenging and innovative projects.
Are you interested in the interim position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter. Please state your preferred agreement, secondment (detachering) or freelance (zzp) along with an indication of:
- Secondment: your monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Freelance: your hourly rate.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1