Data Engineer 3DX (Project Based)
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Are you ready to dive into the world of marine engineering and data integration? As interim Data Engineer 3DX (Project Based) at Damen Naval, you will play a pivotal role in our exciting projects, whether it is designing innovative new vessels or enhancing existing ones. Your primary responsibilities will involve data processing, ensuring data integrity, and data entry into 3DX, our state-of-the-art PDM/PLM tool. You will be working with Combat Systems information, directly supporting the Technical Subcontract Managers Combat System. This contribution enables the smooth progress of the engineering process for the naval vessels you will be involved with.
As Data Engineer 3DX (Project Based) at Damen Naval, you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Enter information into the PDM/PLM tool, using your expertise in 3DX and Microsoft applications. This data could include equipment details from suppliers or system description documents.
- Maintain data integrity within your scope.
- Participate in engineering reviews that rely on your data.
- Collaborate with Technical Subcontract Manager(s) in defining, establishing, and testing functional and physical interfaces.
- Identify inconsistencies in data completeness and report to the Technical Subcontract Manager(s).
- Assist subcontractors and suppliers in preparing and executing their contributions to projects.
- Support the integration and engineering of different systems and components within your scope.
- Help other team members interpret data from subcontractors and navigate the PDM/PLM tool to access required information.
To excel as Data Engineer 3DX (Project Based) at Damen Naval, you should bring:
- Secondary vocational degree (MBO-4) in an engineering-related discipline.
- Experience in data entry using PDM/PLM tools, databases, and Microsoft applications.
- A passion for working in multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- A basic understanding of engineering concepts and practices, with some engineering experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a proactive approach to completing tasks on time.
- Experience in a maritime engineering environment is a plus.
- Willingness to travel occasionally to other locations as needed.
- Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal) is essential and ideally also basic working level proficiency of the Dutch or German language.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- Working from home policy and other benefits.
Are you interested in the position of Data Engineer 3DX (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1