Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. You could join our team – over 500 professionals in our locations In Schiedam and Vlissingen. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is renowned internationally for its on-time, on budget delivery of high-quality naval vessels, as well as its role of full-service provider, or integrator, throughout the life-cycle of its products. The division has a rich history reaching back over 140 years and is proud of its long tradition of serving the Royal Netherlands Navy (RNLN), the launching customer of eight successive generations of Damen Combatants. Today, Damen Naval operates yards and specialist engineering companies in the Netherlands, Belgium and Romania and additionally constructs vessels at non-Damen locations of clients’ choosing all around the world. Damen Naval is looking towards the future. Together with its partners, the division undertakes in-depth R&D with a view to optimising the efficiency of naval shipbuilding processes for the future. Are you ready for duty?
As Document Controller, you are mainly responsible to support the Damen Naval project team with processing documents, planning and coordination. Damen Naval has parts of a ship manufactured at several locations in Europe. For the final acceptance and verification tests, these specific goods, materials and Damen Naval employees must be sent to these locations. This is what is meant by planning and coordination activities in this function.
As Document Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Processing of incoming and outgoing documents in different databases.
- Planning and coordination of incoming information and goods supplied by the customer.
- Communication with other sub projects, including the internal planning and coordination and reporting to external and internal clients and departments.
As Document Controller, you need to have:
- Post-secondary vocational education (MBO) or higher professional education (HBO) preferably in in office management, document control or similar.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in in planning, administration management or in a similar role.
- Experience with Enovia management database or other product/document management databases is a plus.
- Good command of the Dutch, German and English language (written and verbal) is essential.
- Excellent antecedents, as a pre-employment security screening and investigation is part of the recruitment procedure (given military nature of the project).
- EU citizenship or valid EU work visa required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Document Controller and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please apply directly via career.damen.com through the apply button.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit www.career.damen.com or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.