Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As Document Controller at Damen Naval you will play an important supporting role in the build of state-of-the-art naval vessels. You support a project team assigned to a shipbuilding project by processing and exchanging all relevant documentation to and from the customer, partners and/or subcontractors. You setup the planning and execution of scheduled internal/external distributions, and coordinate the follow-up. Given the confidentiality of data, you ensure information is shared and available compliant with permissions. You also ensure the exchanged information is duly registered in the Product Data Management (PDM) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems under configuration control.
As Document Controller your key responsibilities will include:
- Creating internal documentation compliant with the Configuration Control system.
- Ensuring timely delivery of internal documents and vendor data according to the set KPI's.
- Acting as the point of contact for internal document and vendor data issues across different sub-projects.
- Coordinating between engineering and purchasing teams.
- Initiating alignment between planning, engineering, and expediting on the assigned project.
- Initiating mitigating actions in case of expected overrun of delivery times.
- Reporting on the status and progress of document control and expediting activities.
- Processing incoming and outgoing documents and vendor data in different databases (registration, distribution, and expediting), ensuring availability to authorized personnel and recipients.
- Identifying and implementing improvements for document control and expediting tasks.
To excel as Document Controller, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- 2+ years of experience configuring planning software (PLM and PDM) in a technical, logistic or production environment.
- Experience working with Product Data Management (PDM) software (3DX Enovia preferred)
- Solid experience with document control, administration and processing vendor documents.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a Logistical-related study.
- Competencies: accuracy, proactive attitude, keen eye for detail, flexibility, good communication, reporting, and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of the English language, both written and verbal, is essential; ideally, you also have basic language skills in Dutch or German or are at least willing to learn one of these languages.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Document Controller, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1