Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As an Electrical Engineer you play a major role in ensuring that state-of-the art naval vessels are built and commissioned with perfectly arranged power systems and wiring configuration, compliant to strict regulations and requirements. You calculate the load balance, develop the power distribution, and find optimal cable routing to ensure all systems remain operational, even in the worst conditions. Depending on the vessel’s configuration, your electrical design will include a strict EMC-compliant power distribution to strategic defensive and deterring systems. You work and collaborate according to the V-model in our 3DExperience engineering environment, while basic and detailed designs will be thoroughly reviewed, tested, and verified throughout both the design as well as the production phase. The culmination of your work is the launch of a new naval vessel, ready to defend our freedom across the world!
As an Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Develop the functional descriptions, drawings and other basic engineering documents of the power distribution, lighting, and other electrical systems.
- Develop and maintain specification documents of all electrical components and installation processes.
- Write detailed test- and validation plans to ensure compliancy with Class regulations and to meet customer requirements during virtual testing (simulations) and real-world testing (FAT, HAT, SAT).
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project.
- Review of vendors and subcontractors design and implement this in the vessels design.
- Develop and describe standards and working methods for detailed engineering and commissioning.
- Provide support in proposal stages by developing conceptual designs of electrical power systems.
- Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract.
As an Electrical Engineer, you need to have:
- 3+ years’ experience with designing complex electrical systems (including large power distribution systems), preferably in maritime, offshore, or industrial installations.
- Experience in designing EMC-compliant solutions; knowledge of the TEMPEST regulations is a plus.
- Professional experience working in complex projects, comprised of multidisciplinary sub-teams and multiple suppliers and subcontractors.
- Experience working in a model-based system engineering environment (MBSE) according to the V-model.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Electrical Engineer, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1