Engineer Plans and Arrangements
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in Vlissingen, Schiedam, Romania, Germany, and Indonesia. We are the marine division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs globally 12,000 professionals. Damen Naval supplies advanced naval vessels to customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in the shipbuilding sector. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is currently seeking a skilled and experienced Plans and Arrangements Engineer to join our team in Schiedam. In this role, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to (statutory) plans, arrangements & outfitting, including the design and arrangements of accommodation and technical spaces excluding engine rooms within our naval projects.
As Plans and Arrangements Engineer, you will become a valued member of the basic engineering team, collaborating with engineers of your own and other disciplines. Your focus will be on arranging and optimizing various aspects of the outfitting process. Leveraging your technical expertise and hands-on experience, you will contribute to areas such as maintainability, producibility, ergonomics, and more. This presents an excellent opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills to shape the efficiency and functionality of our naval projects.
In the position of Plans and Arrangement Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Performing engineering tasks using 2D and 3D tooling, such as Microstation, Cadmatic and/or 3DX.
- Contributing to the engineering process by developing the necessary information, such as System and Space descriptions, (statutory) plans, arrangements, lists, and fabrication/mounting drawings within agreed schedules, required quality and budget.
- Participate in and control of the detail engineering.
- Support the production phase and guarantee phase upon request.
- Ensuring satisfactory compliance with all applicable requirements including (statutory) rules, regulations and commercial and/or naval norms, as well as specifications imposed by Regulatory Bodies and the customer.
- Developing and documenting yard standards to support the outfitting engineering processes.
- Contribution to continuous evaluation and/or improvement of the subdepartment’s processes
As Plans and Arrangement Engineer you need to have:
- Secondary vocational education (MBO-4+) related to the outfitting discipline.
- At least two years of experience with the engineering of (statutory) plans & arrangements and/or arrangement of spaces.
- Experience with 2D CAD and 3D CAD-systems such as Microstation, Autocad, Cadmatic and/or Catia.
- Experience with and knowledge of Class- and Statutory regulations and related plans and arrangements, preferably gained with ships or offshore installations.
- Good command of the English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship combined with an EU work visa are both required for our employees given the military nature of projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 0.21 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Flexible home working policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Engineer Plans and Arrangements, and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1