Functional Design Specification Engineer F126 (Pro...
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and Schiedam. With over 500 professionals and rich tradition of naval shipbuilding with its original roots stemming back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval is the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only naval original equipment manufacturer (OEM) in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is looking towards the future, are you ready for duty?
For our German F126 frigate program, we are looking for multiple Functional Design Specification Engineers, who will play an important role in this large project. All activities and responsibilities are directly related to the four frigates and the related ships training centres that will be delivered to the German customer (BAAINBw).
As Functional Design Specification Engineer F126 (Project Based), you will:
- Set up of functional design specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies.
- Engage in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system to provide a good starting point for the commercial negotiations.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation.
- Integrate the delivered components/systems into the design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies, and owner.
- Provide input and updates for the engineering database such as purchase orders, parts, metadata, and documentation.
- Perform required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Compose technical and/or functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of products and systems; (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s).
- Offer technical support for commissioning activities.
- Ensure good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participate in design checks and reviews to guarantee the required quality.
- Contribute to the further development of the department
As Functional Design Specification Engineer F126 (Project Based), you need to have:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Technical Automation, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant technical discipline.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in the functional design of complex Automation and/or Simulation systems.
- Experience and broad knowledge of automation and instrumentation systems, preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Experience with Class-regulated products, Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experience in working with and managing third-party vendors and subcontractors and in complex project environments
- Prepared to incidentally work on other locations in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, German strongly preferred (written & verbal).
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening and investigation are a part of the recruitment procedure (given the military nature of our projects).
- Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa are both required to be considered as viable candidate.
As Damen Naval we highly value our employees and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused dynamic international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- On-going learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Functional Design Specification Engineer F126 (Project Based), and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal career.damen.com.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with Permanent EU citizenship and valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form standard part of all recruitment processes.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without specific invitation of the Corporate Recruitment department is not appreciated and will not be considered.