Functional Design Specification Engineer (Project ...
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 850 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
For the German F126 frigate program, Damen Naval is looking for a Interim Functional Design Specification Engineer within the Marine & Propulsion department, who will play an important role in this large project. All activities and responsibilities are directly related to the four frigates and the related ships training centres that will be delivered to the customer the German Marine (BAAINBw).
As Interim Functional Design Specification Engineer F126, you will:
- Set up of functional design specifications for suppliers and subcontractors based upon customer and design requirements.
- Perform technical evaluations of quotations from suppliers in close cooperation with the purchasing department.
- Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements imposed by customer and statutory bodies.
- Engage in technical discussions to achieve comparable levels of compliancy for competing suppliers of the same product/system to provide a good starting point for the commercial negotiations.
- Acquisition and review of supplier engineering information and documentation.
- Integrate the delivered components/systems into the design in close cooperation with internal departments, supplier, statutory bodies, and owner.
- Provide input and updates for the engineering database such as purchase orders, parts, metadata, and documentation.
- Perform required technical calculations to validate the design.
- Compose technical and/or functional specification documents.
- Verify technical performance of products and systems; (i.e. inspection of equipment at supplier premises, FAT’s).
- Offer technical support for commissioning activities.
- Ensure good working relationship with technical representatives of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Participate in design checks and reviews to guarantee the required quality.
- Contribute to the further development of the department.
As Functional Design Specification Engineer F126 (Project Based), you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Marine, Mechanical or other relevant discipline.
- At least three years experience and knowledge of engineering of marine and mechanical systems preferably gained in ships or offshore installations.
- Experience with Class-regulated products, Good Engineering Practices, including quality and budget awareness.
- Experience in working with and managing third-party vendors and subcontractors and in complex project environments
- Prepared to incidentally work on other locations in the Netherlands or abroad.
- Good command of the German language is required as well as the English language both written & verbal and Dutch language skills are strongly preferred.
- Excellent antecedents because a pre-employment security screening is a standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A competitive salary package and other benefits.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of Functional Design Specification Engineer F126 (Project Based), and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.