Graduation Project Advanced Design Tool Developmen...
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is continuously improving its designing process and corresponding tools. xtensive experience from vessel production and operation by customers is used in feedback for new designs and tools. Advanced Design Tool development therefore encompasses historical as-built data as well as prediction methods for creating and improving design tools. Possible design tools are:
- (Life cycle) cost estimates, the trade-off of using different systems in the design has large impact on both the capital investment as well as the operational costs. Early detailed predictions of these costs are becoming increasingly important.
- Weight estimations on different levels of detail, estimating weight early in the design process requires insight in the relevant systems, parameters that influence it.
- Propulsions trade –offs, taking into account requirements such as noise, vibration, environment, hybrid configurations, etc.
As a graduate at Damen Naval Products and Proposals, you will face several aspects in the field of design tools. It is not only theory or practice, but the combination of theory with practice that leads to the best results. Design tools are used in early phases of projects but form the basis for the further development of the projects. A graduate in this field is responsible for taking into account several departments and will be involved in high speed developments while also considering the requirements for of engineering the output of design tools.
Send us your motivation and favourite subject as well as your CV directly via our career website!
The perfect candidate for the Graduation Project Advanced Design Tool Development has the following characteristics:
- Bachelor or Master student Applied Physics or Maritime Technology.
- Top class student who is passionate about ships and or shipbuilding.
- Familiar with ship design and able to balance level of detail and applicability of tools.
- Capable of identifying and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- Independent, analytical and proactive.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
Are you interested in the position of [vacancy title], kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1