Innovation Lead Mission Management
Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As the Innovation Lead Mission Management at Damen Naval, you are spearheading technological evolution of the Mission Management Systems and Integrated Topside Design. To ensure we fully leverage the crest emerging technologies, you craft and implement innovation strategies. The Mission Management Systems encompass Navigation-, Automation-, Communication-, Network-, Command & Control-, Sensor- and Weapon Systems. By collaborating with internal specialists, you seamlessly integrate innovative solutions into product development while mitigate risks. You also oversee projects that benefit our most innovative solutions.
As the Innovation Lead Mission Management your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, execute, and own a comprehensive innovation strategy, creating roadmaps for Mission Management with clear goals and timelines for innovation initiatives.
- Stay updated on emerging Mission Management technologies and trends and assesses their potential impact on naval products and operations.
- Collaborate with internal and external technical domain specialists across departments, promoting knowledge sharing and cross-functional innovation.
- Function as first-line technical contributor to the product development team, providing direct technical expertise and insights.
- Facilitate the adoption of new Mission Management technologies and practices by collaborating closely with teams, giving guidance, and ensuring compliancy with industry regulations, safety standards, and environmental requirements.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the integration of innovative technologies or innovations.
- Proactively address issues to minimize disruptions to project timelines and objectives.
- Lead and oversee research and development projects and manage prototypes and pilot projects to validate innovative solutions.
- Develop integration plans for seamless incorporation of innovative technologies into existing systems and practices.
- Oversee innovation projects from initiation to completion, including budget management, resources, and adherence to timelines.
- Establish and tracks key performance indicators to measure the impact of the innovation initiatives.
- Advocate for the importance of innovation and technology integration within the naval sector, communicating the benefits of adopting innovative technologies to stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of innovation by organizing workshops, brainstorms, and knowledge-sharing events.
To excel as the Innovation Lead Mission Management, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Master or Bachelor degree in a relevant technical study with at least ten years relevant experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Mission Management regulations and compliance standards.
- Proven multiyear experience in the naval engineering domains with research, development, and innovation.
- Experience in working with dedicated research related software tools.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of Innovation Lead Mission Management, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
For more information about the vacancy or Damen Naval, please visit the Damen Naval website, the rds=&sort=recent">Damen Naval Career website or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1