Internship - Advanced Design Tool Programming
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is continuously improving its design process with emphasis on the “light/fast” use of a variety of design and CAD tools in early concept design phases. This means the existing 2D/3D CAD tooling is being coupled with smart database systems and specialist analysis tools. This enables workflows in which all the data needed for design- and performance analysis will become available early and in a natural way and without the need for manual upkeep for consistency.
As a Design Tool Programming intern at DSNS, you will be responsible for coding and optimizing the data exchange mechanisms needed between our software packages, through a combination of coding in CAD-package native scripting environments and stand-alone routines. You are being guided/supported by the smartest Naval Architects and Marine engineers that will explain what they need; You have to bring it to life!
Are you enthusiastic about programming the tools that “give birth” to our magnificent ships?
Send us your motivation, as well as your CV!
The perfect candidate is:
- Bachelor ICT, Naval Architecture or Mechanical Engineering student with a specific passion for scripting.
- A top class student, creative and eager to learn.
- Passionate about ships or shipbuilding.
- Proficient in the most commonly used high-level programming languages (mostly Python and Visual Basic) and good practices on database design.
- Familiarity with 2D CAD and 3D modelling (basics) is a plus.
- Capable of identifying and communicating with multiple stakeholders.
- Independent, analytical and proactive.
- Fluent in English spoken and written.
- A very nice collegial environment to build on your professional- and social skills
- Good professional support during your internship
- A top branch company on your reference list.
Are you interested in the position of Internship - Advanced Design Tool Programming, and do you recognize yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the Damen Career Portal.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Please note that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a valid permanent EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1