Get on board with Damen Naval, along with more than 1,200 professionals based in The Netherlands, Romania, and Germany. We are the naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group which employs 12,000 professionals globally. Damen Naval designs and builds advanced naval vessels for customers all over the world. With a passion for technological innovation and sustainable solutions, we continue to push the boundaries in naval shipbuilding. You can be part of our team! Are you ready for duty?
As an IT Architect at Damen Naval, you will play a crucial role in conceptualizing and crafting sophisticated infrastructure solutions for diverse IT and business initiatives. Collaborating within the IT Architecture team, you will address unique requirements associated with ship design, manufacturing processes, and naval operations.
As an IT Architect, your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop comprehensive IT system architecture, standard solutions, reusable building blocks, high level designs, and infrastructure plans that align with goals and requirements.
- Ensure compliancy with strict (cyber) security requirements through collaboration with the Cyber Security team.
- Collaborate with the Damen Group Architecture cluster, the Solution Architecture team, and various Damen Naval departments to integrate IT systems and solutions, ensuring seamless communication and data flow.
- Design and oversee the implementation of a robust and scalable network infrastructure to support communication and data transfer.
- Select appropriate software and hardware solutions based on efficiency, scalability, and compatibility.
- Ensure that IT systems and practices comply with industry and government regulations and standards, and specific naval operations requirements.
- Develop and design disaster recovery plans to minimize downtime and data loss during emergencies.
- Guide IT projects and work closely with other IT professionals, project managers, and stakeholders to ensure that IT solutions align with overall business strategies and objectives.
- Stay up to date on technological advancements and implementing improvements to enhance IT system efficiency and effectiveness.
To excel as an IT Architect, you should possess the following qualifications and qualities:
- Master or Bachelor degree in IT or relevant study with at least five years of relevant experience in IT architecture.
- Knowledge of and experience of common architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and how to apply those and in the design of IT systems and translating requirements into technical tooling and solutions.
- Experience in an advising role dealing with compliance and risk topics and in working with various architecture tools.
- Knowledge of naval and or engineering operations is a big plus.
- Good command of the English, and preferably also Dutch language both written and verbal.
- Excellent references antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent EU citizenship and passport are both required and candidates with NL/EU (work) visa or with both an EU and non-EU nationality and/or passport are not eligible in accordance with the requirements imposed by the military nature of our projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. We also provide our employees with:
- A competitive salary and 8% holiday pay.
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days.
- Travel allowance of 23 cents per kilometre.
- PME-pension arrangement with an employer contribution of 60%.
- Profit sharing based on company results.
- Working from home policy and other benefits including a bicycle plan and company fitness.
Are you interested in the position of IT Architect, kindly submit your application along with your CV and motivation letter, along with an indication of:
- Your (preferred) monthly gross salary based on fulltime work.
- Availability (fulltime / part-time / number of hours).
- Notice period / possible starting date.
Please note that due to the military nature of our projects, only candidates who have permanent EU nationality can be considered for vacancies at Damen Naval. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to process candidates who (also) have a non-EU passport or nationality. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process.
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and they will not be considered. #LI-DNS1